5-24 Sunday Game 3 O's vs Nats

SimplyZ

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't mind Dibble, but Carpenter doesn't make sense half the time.

this series has made me appreciate hunter even more though. Just classy+

Oh what the crap... NOW we bring in hendrickson? I know hes not amazing, but hes better than walker

its a shame he has no options because he seems like a guy that needs to go to the minors and work on some pitch recognition

It seemed to me that he was doing pretty good at that before. In general, he's been better at that than I expected. One thing I don't know is how much playing regularly helps maintain that. For some guys maybe it doesn't matter, for others maybe it does.

It seemed to me that he was doing pretty good at that before. In general, he's been better at that than I expected. One thing I don't know is how much playing regularly helps maintain that. For some guys maybe it doesn't matter, for others maybe it does.

good point. Playing can't hurt, so im rooting for him every time hes out there. Maybe we can go with 4 outfielders. Once Wieters comes up we can probably have him play catcher and one of the other infield positions.

I didn't think Ray looked bad today. Neither hit was hit well. The biggest problem was that Ray threw too good of a pitch on 0-2 and fell behind 2-0 on the next guy. Of course, command is why he needs to go down so I'm fine with sending him out.

I don't want this to be misconstrued as saying I would have left Ray in the game. I thought DT managed the inning correctly. He just doesn't have a LOOGY right now (except his closer ;)).

I'm going to disagree with you about Ray not looking bad. You've been in his corner all year, and that's commendable, but Ray has not looked good just about all year. The movement is not what it was and his location continues to be poor. He's basically throwing the ball right down the middle of the plate and has been all year. The numbers don't lie, he's terrible right now.

He needs to find himself down in the minors.

How was that a single? On GameCast they said it was a pop up and it landed not far from where Jones is placed on the field. Should he have had a play on it or not ? I'm not watching on TV so I can't see for myself ....

Maybe DT wanted to give Ray one final look before deciding to send him down or not?? He should have never put him back out there, I think Ray is a 1 inning guy, not much more than that.

He only pitched 2/3's of an inning in total

He only pitched 2/3's of an inning in total

I should re-phrase what I said.... I think Ray is good for one run back to the dugout, once he touches the bench he's done for the game. No sending him back out... lol

Archived