5/26 Blue Jays at Orioles

PaulFolk

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like Roch, but is it just me or does he not translate very well to TV? In other words, he's funny in his blogs but his humor seems to fall flat when being interviewed by Amber.

He is a writer after all...hes not a stand up comic

I like Roch, but is it just me or does he not translate very well to TV? In other words, he's funny in his blogs but his humor seems to fall flat when being interviewed by Amber.

I don't think they really have any chemistry yet. Hopefully once they keep doing this it will feel more natural. There have been several times this season where he's taken Amber off guard where she doesn't know if she should laugh or ignore the joke. Roch needs to learn when to launch a joke and when to sit on one and Amber needs to learn how to roll with the punches and keep the light mood going without sounding thrown off or corny.

I think they'll get it with some more work.

Yank Berken or leave him out for the 6th?

He's only at 89 pitches, but he struggled a bit that inning. But he's got the 7-8-9 hitters coming up, even though they are 2/6 off him tonight.

I'd bring him back out but have somebody ready to go as soon as someone gets on base.

He is a writer after all...hes not a stand up comic

Obviously but I know lots of humorous people that aren't stand up comedians. My only point was that he's very funny in his blogs but it just seems like his humor doesn't translate or he doesn't know how to translate it to TV.

Archived