Berken - what did you think?

McLovin

I thought he looked pretty good. Good location, used his change, slider, and curve. Pounded the strike zone for the most part. He hit 96 a couple of times. Was in the low 90's in the 5th.

If this is what our 9th best starting prospect (Matusz, Tillman, Arrieta, Patton, Britton, Hernandez, Erbe, Bergesen) looks like, I'm pretty stoked.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why O why did they waste time with....ahhhh nevermind. I was impressed. He had a nice fb, placed it well, and dropped a few nice offspeed pitches. He looks like he can hold his own and certainly deserves a few more starts.

Decent enough for a first outing. I got the feeling he thinks he can do better. He almost looked angry at himself coming off the mound a few times. 89 pitches, 57 strikes, not bad. I think Trembley pulled him at the right time.

He just doesn't miss enough bats with his pitches. He looks like he will go to middle relief eventually. He'll spend a month or two in the starting rotation. Good organizational depth kind of guy.

He could be a 5th starter on an ok team. Got hit hard in the first..but I liked the way he worked out of jams.

Looked nice. Maybe threw "too many" strikes at times. Basically, he was hitable when he didn't need to be. Too close to the plate on 0-2 and 1-2 counts. TONS of movement though, and nice velocity. Zaun could barely handle his two seamer. Also showed the ablity to pitch his way out of trouble. I liked him.

He could be a 5th starter on an ok team. Got hit hard in the first..but I liked the way he worked out of jams.

Maybe. I doubt it. He is more the kind of guy an OK or good team would use in an emergency.

Archived