DCab DFA'd

Frobby

Fans bashing players are one thing, a career baseball professional who's being paid good money to act as general manager of an MLB franchise should have enough maturity and experience dealing with the press to avoid such slip ups in public as part of his official duties. End of story. Is nobody responsible for being civil anymore?

Civility is certainly something that's nice to strive for. But we are talking about human beings here.

There've been times in baseball history where not only would Cabrera have gotten a far worse parting shot, but might also have been fined a large part of his salary for not trying hard enough.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to see Cabrera catch on somewhere and turn things around. Surely there are pitching coaches around MLB who sit back and say, well now, if I do ____, he might turn around. At the very least, Cabrera can spend some time in the minors somewhere and return as a one-inning type who just airs things out.

Who are the Nationals to decide someone's performance isn't "up to par"? As Buck Martinez sometimes says, "lemme tell you something": the Nationals organization isn't up to par. At all. I'll never forgive them for throwing Frank Robinson under the ramshackle bus they call their baseball operations. I tried watching NYM and WAS the other night, and WAS is just unwatchable. Among their numerous sins, Dibble (Drivel) is a horrible broadcaster and little more than an apologist for a terrible team. It's unfortunate MASN can't spin them off onto a separate, dedicated network--have a Baltimore MASN and a WAS MASN...get to it, PA, et al. Put as much distance between the O's and WAS as possible. :laughlol:

The Nats don't seem to be competent in a lot of ways. But a 45-second glance at Cabrera's FanGraphs page is about all it takes to say he wasn't up to par.

The Nats don't seem to be competent in a lot of ways. But a 45-second glance at Cabrera's FanGraphs page is about all it takes to say he wasn't up to par.

True enough, Drungo. Some small part of me wants to see the O's sign him to a minor league deal and work on converting him to a reliever. :laughlol: WAS, as is their protocol, made a half-baked attempt at this conversion and have tossed DC aside.

Barring an arm injury, DCab still has that velocity tucked away somewhere; stop trying to tinker with and shape him into a control pitcher, get him back into the mid-upper 90s with a modicum of control, and let him be effectively wild with some heat and a breaking ball. Alas, this won't happen, but DC still has an arm on him--it's his head (confidence) and body (mechanics) that need some work.

I'd like to see Cabrera catch on somewhere and turn things around. Surely there are pitching coaches around MLB who sit back and say, well now, if I do ____, he might turn around.

I'm not sure he's that guys anymore. His velocity his down and his stuff is just not that good. I think he's just an unathletic guy who's body is starting to stiffen up with age and his abilities are suffering for it.

Yeh, it says a lot about someone when they step on a guy like that for no particular reason. The Nationals appear to be a very poorly run organization in all facets based on all the issues they've had this year.

First their jerseys, then their bats, now OUR past presidents! :D

3569466917_af92ac6b11_o.jpg

DCab won't be out of a job for long.

Guys who can't break 90 MPH and lead the league in walks are not usually in high demand.

And think about it - he couldn't keep a spot in the Orioles or Nationals rotations.

Guys who can't break 90 MPH and lead the league in walks are not usually in high demand.

And think about it - he couldn't keep a spot in the Orioles or Nationals rotations.

I don't think anything more needs to be said in this argument!

I don't think he'll be in a big league rotation, but somebody willthrow him in AAA hoping he finds it.

Archived