5/27 Blue Jays @ Orioles

isestrex

If only it were Friday, then Wieters could just whack one of his patented 6-run HRs off Halliday to save the day.

...barring that, we're DONE today.

Meh, I am not giving up quite yet. But it is certainly going to be difficult against Halliday.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
err...the guy has a career MLB .963 fielding % and .954 in the minors He clearly doesn't have the best arm, are we supposed to assume he just 'turns on' the defense. The guy isn't going to be 'special' by any stretch of the mind.

O.K. now you aren't talking about a small sample. :)

I never said he was going to be anything special, that was someone else.

They were some comments from a Marlins fan at the time of the Andino/Penn trade that back up your concern about his defensive abilities.

If they send Reimold down for any significant time to save Andino, Pie, or Walker, then I will be a significantly ticked off individual. It's one thing to send him down while you work out a trade for someone to free up a spot, but otherwise, it does nothing for his development to go back to AAA.

However, I have a bad feeling that it will be Nolan who gets shipped to Norfolk.

Meh, I am not giving up quite yet. But it is certainly going to be difficult against Halliday.

Normally I'm an "ain't over til they get 27 outs!!!" kinda fan, but with Halladay on the mound, a day game, third game of the series... My optimism is waning! On the other hand, shouldn't we be DUE against Doc?!?

Normally I'm an "ain't over til they get 27 outs!!!" kinda fan, but with Halladay on the mound, a day game, third game of the series... My optimism is waning! On the other hand, shouldn't we be DUE against Doc?!?

Well, Gameday Audio died on me, so my enthusiasm has been extinguished for now.

Archived