Nick Markakis - RF

Aubrey Huff - 1B

Melvin Mora - 3B

Luke Scott - DH

Nolan Reimold - LF

Gregg Zaun - C

Cesar Izturis - SS

David Hernandez - RHP

EDIT: That lineup will be downright nasty once Wieters comes up. There will be 9 good hitters in it.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 good hitters and a passable SS.

Still a damn good lineup.

A passable SS who's reached positive numbers in both UZR and +/- after a slow start. I think the Izturis signing is going to look very very good by the end of the year - especially once this line-up starts operating on all cylinders. Makes it much easier to swallow slightly below average production from SS offensively. (And, you know, it could've been some other SS who's off to a not-so-good start...

A passable SS who's reached positive numbers in both UZR and +/- after a slow start. I think the Izturis signing is going to look very very good by the end of the year - especially once this line-up starts operating on all cylinders. Makes it much easier to swallow slightly below average production from SS offensively. (And, you know, it could've been some other SS who's off to a not-so-good start...
Yeah I like Izturis as well and agree overall he's average at least. I was talking about his offense as being just passable (or below average but not so bad that he destroys you). If the only weak spot in your lineup is a upper-level defensive SS with a 675 OPS batting 9th, you're doing pretty well.

Yeah I like Izturis as well and agree overall he's average at least. I was talking about his offense as being just passable (or below average but not so bad that he destroys you). If the only weak spot in your lineup is a upper-level defensive SS with a 675 OPS batting 9th, you're doing pretty well.

I agree for a No. 9 hitter Izzy is doing a pretty good job offensively. Defensively after a rough start he has also been as good as advertised.

I really think Mora needs to move down in the order. Either Scott or Reimold should bat 5th.

When Wieters comes up, he should hit there with Reimold and Scott hitting 6/7, depended on whether its a lefty or right. Mora should bat 8th. Looks like he is still battling fatigue and injury.

I really think Mora needs to move down in the order. Either Scott or Reimold should bat 5th.

When Wieters comes up, he should hit there with Reimold and Scott hitting 5/6, depended on whether its a lefty or right. Mora should bat 8th. Looks like he is still battling fatigue and injury.

I vote Luke only because Reimold is still a rookie and is bound to hit a wall of somesort.

When Wieters comes up, he should hit there with Reimold and Scott hitting 5/6, depended on whether its a lefty or right. Mora should bat 8th. Looks like he is still battling fatigue and injury.

We would get LOOGYed every night with Markakis/Huff/Scott in order. Reimold's played 40 games above AA, you can't put that sort of pressure on him right now.

Archived