Report: Braves interested in Luke Scott... and Felix Pie?

My O's Face

I was listening to sports talk radio from Atlanta today (790 The Zone), and Carroll Rogers from the Atlanta Journal Constitution was a guest on some Braves show. She was talking about Jordan Schafer being sent down to AAA. She said the Braves were looking for outfield help right now. She said not only one, but they would like to get a couple of outfielders. A caller asked her if the Braves were interested in trading for Matt Holliday. She said she wasn't sure if the Braves have called about him, but she knows that the Braves have contacted the Orioles about Luke Scott and Felix Pie. She didn't say if they have made an offer. She did say that the O's aren't asking much for Pie, and he can play CF for Atlanta right now. I didn't hear what players or prospects were "trade chips", but I wanted to share that with Orioles Hangout ASAP.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the Orioles deep enough in outfielders to consider trading both Scott and Pie? Personally, I kind of doubt it. I'd be willing to move one for the right price, but would have to be most impressed by the other team's offer to trade them both.

Are the Orioles deep enough in outfielders to consider trading both Scott and Pie? Personally, I kind of doubt it. I'd be willing to move one for the right price, but would have to be most impressed by the other team's offer to trade them both.

Well Luke Scott should be able to give us some return because of his price tag and years under control. If Montanez comes back this year ( i assume he will) he should be the 4th outfielder.

Box up the Pie and send it to Atlanta.....bring up Gathright

This makes sense to me as well.

Pie gets replaced by Gaithright and Scott gets replaced by Salazar. It can be done. I really would hope that a Scott deal would be a great one for us. The kind that people will say, wow, the Braves are as dumb as the Mariners and it will get Frank Wren fired. BTW, Frank Wren. Terrible. Atlanta is headed in the wrong direction.

Yeah, Pie can go for the best arm MacPhail can find.

As for Scott.... I just don't see it happening. Takes too much to trade a fan favorite and clubhouse "leader by example" on the verge of 35 hr.

Here's the 14th and 15th ranked prospects, and the only ss and 3b in the top 15, as per some website:

14) Brandon Hicks, SS, Grade C+: Love the power, walks, speed, defense. Hate the strikeouts.

15) Eric Campbell, 3B, Grade C+: If his head is on straight, could surprise people in ’09.

Pie gets replaced by Gaithright and Scott gets replaced by Salazar. It can be done. I really would hope that a Scott deal would be a great one for us. The kind that people will say, wow, the Braves are as dumb as the Mariners and it will get Frank Wren fired. BTW, Frank Wren. Terrible. Atlanta is headed in the wrong direction.

I agree...this is a must for me as a fan. I love Scott, but I love the O's more. I hope if there is a trade, that its a gooood one

Here's the 14th and 15th ranked prospects, and the only ss and 3b in the top 15, as per some website:

14) Brandon Hicks, SS, Grade C+: Love the power, walks, speed, defense. Hate the strikeouts.

15) Eric Campbell, 3B, Grade C+: If his head is on straight, could surprise people in ’09.

I think, again think Camplbell has been horrific this year.

Well Luke Scott should be able to give us some return because of his price tag and years under control. If Montanez comes back this year ( i assume he will) he should be the 4th outfielder.

Montanez could be back around the first of September, but I would imagine that he might just re-hab.

You should cite Sickle's column.

Archived