Report: Braves interested in Luke Scott... and Felix Pie?

My O's Face

If I was 100% sure Huff would decline arbitration, I'd let him walk in 2 seconds and take the picks.

Next year's draft is pretty deep, IIRC.

It would also replace the pick we may have to give up if we sign a Type a 3B next year.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would also replace the pick we may have to give up if we sign a Type a 3B next year.
We'd be +1 pick.

We'll lose our 2nd rounder if we sign a Type A FA, unless we are one of the best 15 teams. We'd get a sandwich and either a first or second for losing Aubrey depending on the record of the team he signs with.

I have very little concern over him accepting arbitration, and even if he does its not like that would be a big problem. We could probably just trade him if we still have Scott and Snyder forces the issue onto the big league club the way Reimold did this year.

I hope not. The guy's bat feel off a cliff.

3.7 BB%, 17.9 K% so far this year.

Year... wOBA

2006 = .338

2007 = .346

2008 = .336

2009 = .259

In a way, that's a good thing...Will really keep his price tag down.

He is getting killed by Safeco...They said last night that he has the second worst BA at home in baseball.

In a way, that's a good thing...Will really keep his price tag down.

He is getting killed by Safeco...They said last night that he has the second worst BA at home in baseball.

When your nearly worthless you don't have to worry about keeping your price down.

Sure the guy has a .303/.333/.422 at home, but his BABIP is .330. Last year his BABIP away was .294.

I won't even think about offering a contract. The guy is in rapid decline mode.

When your nearly worthless you don't have to worry about keeping your price down.

Sure the guy has a .303/.333/.422 at home, but his BABIP is .330. Last year his BABIP away was .294.

I won't even think about offering a contract. The guy is in rapid decline mode.

LOL....I bet you also would have said the Mariners did a bad thing by signing him after his first season.

LOL....I bet you also would have said the Mariners did a bad thing by signing him after his first season.

Just because he was worth his last contract doesn't mean he is going to be worth his next.

If anyone gives him over 10 million a year they would be foolish.

Just because he was worth his last contract doesn't mean he is going to be worth his next.
Doesn't mean he won't be worth his next contract either.
If anyone gives him over 10 million a year they would be foolish.

At this point, he will struggle to even get 3/24.

If we want a good, cheap third base option for 2010 we should be looking at Chone Figgins or Crede (if healthy).

I have been calling for Crede for a while now. He hits better than Beltre and fields just as good as him. Probably is going be cheaper than Beltre too.

Doesn't mean he won't be worth his next contract either.

He doesn't know how to take a pitch.

He is swinging at 38.5% of pitches outside the strike zone.

There is a decent chance he won't get on base 30+% of the time this year.

Archived