6/3 Orioles @ M's Cool Hand Luke and IceBerg

24HOR

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, I don't believe in manufacturing runs, or smallball, or whatever you want to call it. You get 27 outs, generally. I don't like wasting them to move guys over. Against certain pitchers you almost have to... but if you're constantly spending 2 outs to score 1 run, you're not going to score many runs.

once you get to late innings runs can come at a premium though. I don't think it should be done often, but sometimes when a team is struggling, its a great way to get a run up on the board. Personally, i think if you have a fast guy, they should attempt a steal instead

Why is Wigginton on the team? Can't we just trade him to whoever will take his contract and bring up Salazar?

Wiggy can hit and he can play almost anywhere. We haven't seen the hitting part yet, but it's dumb to ignore his record. He's pretty much an all-purpose ballplayer, and he doesn't seem to care where he plays. A guy who can hit and play anywhere can be a very valuable thing to have when something goes wrong.

Welcome to the Hangout!

Up until that meatball he just served to Beltre, he's looked sharp. Beltre just hit that one mistake a long, long way.

thanks im glad i finally found the motivation to sign up. ive been a long time lurker but never signed up. hopefully ill be glad i did.

anyway, glad to see Bergesen is not doing totally bad. the offense needs to score some more runs to compliment this unexpected, yet exciting surge of good pitching we have had.

Huff looks locked in to me. He has crushed balls all series and has nothing to show for it because Safeco's fences are like 900 feet and Gutierrez runs down everything in center.

Nice job of hitting to go back up the middle there.

Archived