Braves get their man - Mclouth!

Fan4Life

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This trade looks AWFUL for the Pirates.

I don't know much about the Braves' prospects, but they got an outfielder slugging .387 at high-A, a pitcher with good numbers at AAA but bad numbers last year in MLB, and a pitcher at high-A putting up mediocre numbers. The two guys at high-A are both 21 years old, but still...

McLouth has a three-year contract for under $16M total. I can't believe they jumped at that deal so long before the trading deadline.

This trade looks AWFUL for the Pirates.

I don't know much about the Braves' prospects' date=' but they got an outfielder slugging .387 at high-A, a pitcher with good numbers at AAA but bad numbers last year in MLB, and a pitcher at high-A putting up mediocre numbers. The two guys at high-A are both 21 years old, but still...

McLouth has a three-year contract for under $16M total. I can't believe they jumped at that deal so long before the trading deadline.[/quote']

The Pirates got 2 of the Braves top 10 prospects for an overrated outfielder whose Gold Glove last year is perhaps the most embarrassing aberration in the history of the award. Hell, a little over a year ago he was fighting to win playing time over Nyjer Morgan, of all people.

Don't get me wrong: Nate's a solid and likable player, but the Pirates did a good job of selling high here. I fail to see how this deal is AWFUL in any regard.

Just saw on CBS that the Pirates traded their one and only All-star MClouth to the Braves for a bunch of spare parts. I feel confident that with McPhail, we will not have to worry about being fleeced like this.

On a side note.... How does this affect the market concerning OF's? I guess the Braves - Scott/Pie rumors can die now...

Just saw on CBS that the Pirates traded their one and only All-star MClouth to the Braves for a bunch of spare parts. I feel confident that with McPhail, we will not have to worry about being fleeced like this.

On a side note.... How does this affect the market concerning OF's? I guess the Braves - Scott/Pie rumors can die now...

I wouldn't say spare parts. Gorkys Hernandez was a pretty good prospect. pirates are doing the right thing though in getting younger and selling high.

I wouldn't say spare parts. Gorkys Hernandez was a pretty good prospect. pirates are doing the right thing though in getting younger and selling high.

It's an interesting situation because it illustrates what McPhail has been saying all along - you need to bring your prospects up together. The Pirates could have had a really solid outfield with McClouth, Bay, and Nady. Now they continue to be stuck in their perpetual rebuilding mode.

We're not the Natinals [sic], either.

They need some kind of slogan or something when the Gnats are on MASN: tune in for Nationals Baseball--our opponents are major league teams even if we aren't.

Natinals Baseball: Hey, We Try :laughlol:

The O's will be fine. Wieters will come around; Bergy has proven to be a stud-in-the-making who has Kevin Brown type fire when removed from a game (:laughlol:); that Berken and that Hernandez aren't bad, either; Richie Hill has found (most of) the tilt and funk that made him so damn nasty for CHC, when they gave him a chance to pitch (thanks, Hendry, (bitter)Sweet Lou, et al!); and Nick and Roberts will re-discover how to hit.

Hang in there. Drink along the way if you must, but don't give up.

Do you really think the Orioles future is as bleak as the Pirates? I'm not talking about the past dozen years or so, I'm talking about 2009-20015?

I dont know if the Orioles' future is as bright as the Pirates over the next 18006 years.:D We only have 100+ years of empirical evidence. :D

We are the Pirates.

And they don't play in the AL East either.

Wake up and look at the current situation. We're in a pretty good position right now. A lot of things need to go right and we still need to make some more moves, but we're in position to be very good possibly as soon as next year.

Its gonna be hard to compete with the East, but not impossible by any means.

I dont know if the Orioles' future is as bright as the Pirates over the next 18006 years.:D We only have 100+ years of empirical evidence. :D

I have to spread the reputation around, but you must not be a "real fan" if you don't think the Orioles will be better for the next 18000+ years. :D

Archived