Gibson injury?

Any chance Gibson has a Scheppers like draft and injury/velocity drop cause him to drop to our second pick. I know i sound optimistic but it has happened before.

Very possible, but it would require info to come out in the next 5 days that shows it's more serious than just some minor ailment. If it is minor, he'll drop, but not much further than mid-late first round.

Any chance Gibson has a Scheppers like draft and injury/velocity drop cause him to drop to our second pick. I know i sound optimistic but it has happened before.

I doubt it. A team with a lot of picks like the Angels would probably be willing to spend one on him. Would not surprise me to see Gibson balk at any offered contracts and then go back to school for a year.

Yeah it is wishful thinking, i am also thinking sandwich round at worst. Are there any top guys like a Scheppers/Brackman who might drop because of injury or injury concerns that you like?

Skaggs has dropped a little, as has Krol. Purke dropped in part due to his season being cut well short and in part due to his commitment to TCU. All could be values at various points.

Skaggs has dropped a little, as has Krol. Purke dropped in part due to his season being cut well short and in part due to his commitment to TCU. All could be values at various points.

Stotle or anyone else who may know, Did Sam Dyson get surgery on his torn labrum or did they rehab it?

Keith Law said in his chat today that Scheppers is dropping out of the first round, so maybe we can get our once projected first rounder in the 2nd!

He is also the only person who thinks this and had the O's possibly taking him at #5 so he can't be that sure. He really just doesn't know.

He is also the only person who thinks this and had the O's possibly taking him at #5 so he can't be that sure. He really just doesn't know.

Well, nobody "knows" but given that this is his full time job, he used to be an assistant GM and he actually goes out and scouts these guys I would think he knows a bit more than everyone here. Can we please stop pretending that we know more than Keith Law or Jim Callis or anyone? Remember how dumb everyone thought the media was last year because they were "refusing" to report we were about to sign Teix? These guys, for the most part, know what they are talking about.

Archived