What's your nightmare scenario?

Here's mine: the first four picks are Strasburg, Ackley, Crow and Matzek (in whatever order)...and we draft Gibson.

Actually, I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't get Ackley, Crow or Matzek, no matter who we take, but I really don't want Gibson. I think he's a good bet to make the majors but it doesn't sound like his ceiling is very high.

I agree that those top 4 going would be my worst case scenario, but I don't think it would be Jordan's. Reading in to Roch's blog, the Orioles are going to draft a HS arm (unless Crow is available) and it is not going to be Matzek. Scroll down this post and read the comments.

http://masnsports.com/2009/06/caught-in-the-draft.html

He makes multiple references to the Orioles not being interested in Matzek. So in your scenario, the Orioles will get one of the two HS arms they like, Zach Wheeler or Jacob Turner.

I agree that those top 4 going would be my worst case scenario, but I don't think it would be Jordan's. Reading in to Roch's blog, the Orioles are going to draft a HS arm (unless Crow is available) and it is not going to be Matzek. Scroll down this post and read the comments.

He makes multiple references to the Orioles not being interested in Matzek. So in your scenario, the Orioles will get one of the two HS arms they like, Zach Wheeler or Jacob Turner.

I prefer Matzek but if my top 4 are gone, I would hope that they get one of the other HS pitchers--Turner sounds like the most talented (and the O's have the bucks to sign him).

I dont come away with any information from that post regarding Jordan's preferences. The whole post is just to get the nonchalant fans information regarding the guys but there is nothing abot how the Orioles will draft.

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but isn't he saying that it wont be Matzek because "Matzek sounds too much like Matusz, which will confuse all of us, so he's out." I think (hope) Roch was joking about that.

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but isn't he saying that it wont be Matzek because "Matzek sounds too much like Matusz, which will confuse all of us, so he's out." I think (hope) Roch was joking about that.

He was joking. Again, you have to scroll down and read the comments. A couple posters commented that Matzek is a stud (Lefty with good command and 98 mph fastball). Roch says he is hearing that Matzek will not be the O's pick.

Crazysilver is correct that Roch never mentions Jordan, so I apologize for adding that supposition. My point was that Roch, in my opinion the most plugged in and knowledgeable journalist when it comes to the O's (though Zrebiec is very good), is hearing we will take a high school arm and that arm will not be Matzek, assuming Crow and Ackley are gone.

Here's mine: the first four picks are Strasburg, Ackley, Crow and Matzek (in whatever order)...and we draft Gibson.

Actually, I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't get Ackley, Crow or Matzek, no matter who we take, but I really don't want Gibson. I think he's a good bet to make the majors but it doesn't sound like his ceiling is very high.

lol i keep getting our name confused. anyway....

My worse case scenario is very similar to yours, except if matzek, ackley, or crow drop to us and we still take gibson. I will be livid :angryfire::angryfire:

lol i keep getting our name confused. anyway....

My worse case scenario is very similar to yours, except if matzek, ackley, or crow drop to us and we still take gibson. I will be livid :angryfire::angryfire:

Your names are really close. :laughlol:

If you read way down the comments he explicitly says that he has heard that the O's are less interested in Matzek than in others.

I wonder to what extent money is the issue. Boras is "advising" Matzek, and if he is looking for Hosmer-like money, that might be enough for the O's to avoid him--especially this year with other good alternatives.

If you read way down the comments he explicitly says that he has heard that the O's are less interested in Matzek than in others.

I wonder to what extent money is the issue. Boras is "advising" Matzek, and if he is looking for Hosmer-like money, that might be enough for the O's to avoid him--especially this year with other good alternatives.

I think we are avoiding Mr. Boras at this point. The economy seems to have made him irrelevant. Besides, He's the devil.

Thank you. I really did not see it down there.

Hmm didn't know Boras was with Matzek...

Wheeler looks like the pick then if Ackley's gone...

Nightmare scenario #1 is us passing up on Matzek, Crow or Ackley if they are availabe. No excuse for this.

Nightmare scenario #2 is us choosing White, or some no-name Chris Smith type player.

If neither happens, I will probably be satisfied.

Archived