1. 1. Is it time to fire Trembley

• Yes, fire him immediately
    • No, but don't bring him back next season
    • No, I still have faith in DT and would like to see him back next season

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think on a topic like this, the OH should have ZERO PULL. The same people who vote fire, and there dos not seem to be many, are largely the same ones who would change their vote during a winning streak. Frankly over reacting and do things on an emotional basis, should not be elements in letting a manager go.

I agree, 100%.

But the whining, complaining on here, how longs it take before the media starts reporting that fans are restless and unhappy, and in turn, starts putting heat on the team in making those reports.

I'm not saying boards like the OH have 100% say-so in whether or not a manager gets canned, they obviously don't.

I'm just saying that in this day and age the fans have more of a voice than ever before and I'm curious to know how much influence they have.

I agree their should be a 4th option...keep him through the end of the year, see how we finish and then evaluate him.

No way should he be fired now and no way do I think it is responsible to say he definitely should be back either.

If you feel the guy is a poor in game manager, poor bullpen manager, and a poor roster manager, why would you want to keep him?

If you feel the guy is a poor in game manager, poor bullpen manager, and a poor roster manager, why would you want to keep him?

Cause in this case, he's good for the youngsters.

The young players all know him, are familiar with him, and like him. Bullpen managing can be learned and in game managing can be learned. It's not an inherent trait like some believe.

I agree, 100%.

But the whining, complaining on here, how longs it take before the media starts reporting that fans are restless and unhappy, and in turn, starts putting heat on the team in making those reports.

I'm not saying boards like the OH have 100% say-so in whether or not a manager gets canned, they obviously don't.

I'm just saying that in this day and age the fans have more of a voice than ever before and I'm curious to know how much influence they have.

My guess would be not so much. Managers get fired when they lose the clubhouse, and message boards have little impact in the clubouse IMO.

I agree their should be a 4th option...keep him through the end of the year, see how we finish and then evaluate him.

No way should he be fired now and no way do I think it is responsible to say he definitely should be back either.

This is perhaps your best post ever. :P J/k

It will be nice to see how talented Orioles play for Trembley through the end of this season. :clap3:

My guess would be pretty damn near zero influence.

What's the saying "If you start listening to the fans, pretty soon you'll be sitting with them"...

Agreed. 100%.

I'm just surprised somebody hasn't said we should move him for prospects...

If I am not mistaken Dick Williams was stopped from taking the yankees job many years back because Charlie Finley wanted compensation. The Yankees and A's could not agree so he stayed with the A's but I think resigned before the season started.

I also think Chuck Tanner may have been traded by Finley (A's) to the Pirates.

To bad...Scoscia is such a good manager. Maybe we could have gotten Brandon Wood.:)

Exactly...not upset but just interested in the reasons why the couple of folks feel that way. The poll itself is fine glorydays..and actually makes thing easier than the other voluminous one...

So we are now up to 4 people who think Trembley should be fired, but no one is actually saying why they believe what they believe.

Guest JChav
I agree, 100%.

IMO if it's possible to gather enough clout to grab the attention of the press, it's going to be from trends of fans who call in radio talk shows, simply because they're talking directly to the press.

I listen to sports talk throughout the day, specifically 105.7. It's not uncommon for huge topics on here to be largely absent on air. The only time I've ever even heard the OH mentioned on the air was when Tony had an interview.

Archived