1. 1. Is it time to fire Trembley

• Yes, fire him immediately
    • No, but don't bring him back next season
    • No, I still have faith in DT and would like to see him back next season

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you feel the guy is a poor in game manager, poor bullpen manager, and a poor roster manager, why would you want to keep him?

Because, at the end of the day, being a coach or manager is more about managing personalities and dealing with egos and I think DT does a very good job at that.

He is a terrible strategic manager but I bet at least 95% of the managers are as well.

That leaves 2 managers who you think might be good strategic in game managers. Any idea on who they are?

I'd say Leyland and LaRussa. I'd snap up either of these gentlemen and whomever they'd like to bring along as a staff and immediately fire everyone on the Orioles currently in such positions, organizational ties or not. A manager needs to be able to choose his entire staff, not just pieces of it. **:leaving: as Migrant Redbird may drop by and blast LaRussa again :laughlol:**

I'd say Leyland and LaRussa. I'd snap up either of these gentlemen and whomever they'd like to bring along as a staff and immediately fire everyone on the Orioles currently in such positions, organizational ties or not. A manager needs to be able to choose his entire staff, not just pieces of it. **:leaving: as Migrant Redbird may drop by and blast LaRussa again :laughlol:**

But.. Tony LaRussa loves agressive baserunning - including the outdated HIT and RUN!!!

But.. Tony LaRussa loves agressive baserunning - including the outdated HIT and RUN!!!

Eh. That's always a high-risk, high-reward play. You have to have a skilled hitter who can handle the bat (and not merely slug) and an astute baserunner (or two) on base at the time the manager wants to execute the play. Part of the fault of the failed play rests with DT, but the rest, oh, the rest lies with the folks on the field. :laughlol: Had it worked for us, most of this stuff about DT wouldn't be splashed all over the OH.

Firing Trembley would be the worst decision from the Orioles in recent memory. He is a great manager, players want to play for him and you can tell just by the way he talks about them. In post game conferences you can tell that he really loves the guys. He is lenient with the young guys, but he doesn't take it easy on them. Are people already forgetting about how 4 orioles rookies got a pie in the face on consecutive days (last week)? Trembley's interviews after those games were priceless. Firing Trembley would ruin the teams chemistry, they are just on a tough stretch, it doesn't help that the only people to hit homeruns in the last week and a half are Reimold and Scott. The top 4 hitters need to start hitting.

Firing Trembley would be the worst decision from the Orioles in recent memory. He is a great manager, players want to play for him and you can tell just by the way he talks about them. In post game conferences you can tell that he really loves the guys. He is lenient with the young guys, but he doesn't take it easy on them. Are people already forgetting about how 4 orioles rookies got a pie in the face on consecutive days (last week)? Trembley's interviews after those games were priceless. Firing Trembley would ruin the teams chemistry, they are just on a tough stretch, it doesn't help that the only people to hit homeruns in the last week and a half are Reimold and Scott. The top 4 hitters need to start hitting.

All of this and parts writ large and in bold and italics, too. Rep. coming your way.

24. Dave Trembley, Orioles: Good communicator and motivator. The recall of catcher Matt Wieters "might make him smarter" according to one American League GM (26).

Okay, how is this an indication that he should be fired? I mean what exactly makes Joe Maddon "smart" and "inventive" I mean, is he doing something different this year?

I'd question the "good motivator" rap after this road trip. This bunch looks like they could care less (with the exception of Jones).

Okay, i'll try again. Try to pay attention this time, Junior.

A player producing doesn't = them caring or not. I'm sure more people than Adam care right now. You can't tell me that someone like Oscar, Nolan or Matt don't care. Or Luke Scott.

Really, you can't say that anyone cares or not, you have no way of knowing. But I do think something's potentially wrong in the clubhouse or with the mindset of the team right now because this is stretching to 8 games now of awful execution.

Okay, i'll try again. Try to pay attention this time, Junior.

A player producing doesn't = them caring or not. I'm sure more people than Adam care right now. You can't tell me that someone like Oscar, Nolan or Matt don't care. Or Luke Scott.

Really, you can't say that anyone cares or not, you have no way of knowing. But I do think something's potentially wrong in the clubhouse or with the mindset of the team right now because this is stretching to 8 games now of awful execution.

I'm not saying they don't care, it just looks or seems like they don't care...

And really why should they? This season was already a lost season.

I'm not saying they don't care, it just looks or seems like they don't care...

And really why should they? This season was already a lost season.

Well if that's the case, then why do you hate Dave Trembley? If it was a lost season, what do you expect him to do? Outside of holding morning steroid shooting sessions for all of his players I'm failing to see what he could do differently to make this team any better than it is.

This is what most of us have been saying all season, while you have been crucifying him as if he had the Yankees line up and payroll.

Archived