Wheeler or White?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Wheeler or White?

• Zack Wheeler
    • Alex White
    • Neither, Ackley will fall to us in the draft
    • Neither, Crow will fall to us in the draft
    • Neither, Matzek will fall to us in the draft

One of our posters (my apologies but I don't remember who) mentioned that Zack Wheeler and Alex White are the only confirmed players to have a workout at Camden Yards. I asked Roch about this and he confirmed the report.

Anyway, since it looks like we're zeroing in on Wheeler and White, who do you think the O's will pick come Tuesday?

I'd take anyone except for White @ #5.

I've seen him on TV ALOT (I live in the Carolinas) and I've seen him in person 3 times. He's inconsistent and when he gets hit, he gets hit hard. He does have the ability to miss bats, but for whatever reason when he misses w/his pitch it's UGLY.

I voted for Tyler Matzek, hoping he's around at 5.

I'd take anyone except for White @ #5.

I've seen him on TV ALOT (I live in the Carolinas) and I've seen him in person 3 times. He's inconsistent and when he gets hit, he gets hit hard. He does have the ability to miss bats, but for whatever reason when he misses w/his pitch it's UGLY.

I voted for Tyler Matzek, hoping he's around at 5.

All I can say is that the O's (specifically, Jordan) must see something about White that they really, really like. Perhaps there's something to the Brandon Webb comp... :noidea:

I trust Jordan's opinion though. :)

I'd like the O's to take Matzek if he's available, but the scuttlebutt is that they prefer Wheeler, so that's who I "voted" for.

Of course the warehouse might be blowing smoke, hoping that they can mislead someone higher up into taking Wheeler instead of Matzek. :scratchchinhmm:

I don't even know why I vote in some of these polls. I picked Wheeler because if it comes down to him or White that's who I want. However, I'd really prefer Matzek over anyone but Strasburg.

I'll find a reason to be optimistic if the O's pick:

Matzek, Crow, Scheppers, Miller, Turner, Green, Tate or Ackley. The only way I could really be disappointed tomorrow is if we end up with White or Gibson.

Archived