Live Mock Draft... Monday at 8:30pm

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1:11 Colorado selects Mike Leake

Leake is a jack of all trades and master of none. He fits the Rockies desire for accomplished college talent.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2pIcxR_UNs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2pIcxR_UNs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's incredible camera work -- must have been a pro behind the lens.

Did you read the whole report?

Maybe we interpret "red flag" differently.

Command issues = huge red flag

I didn't see anything about command issues with Arrieta. In fact the report says that he had good command and he was a mid rotation starter that could get to the majors quickly. I see nothing that would dispel that fact with Arrieta in Bowie as he looks like he'll be a solid #3-#4 starter.

White only really has two pitches - fastball and slider, while in Arrieta's report he was mentioned as having three if he ditched the slider.

Why do you have different standards for White as opposed to Green. Both had very good junior years and were considered top 5 picks. Both had disappointing junior years and yet you are down on White and up on Green. Seems like a double standard to me.

Because he hates having the Orioles draft pitchers. Have you once seen him argue for the O's to take a pitcher over a position player?

Nice pick with Leake to COL at 11.

I know they pick again at the end of the first round, but COL LOVES Hobgood (so do several teams) and I wouldn't be surprised if they popped him at 11.

It might be a stretch, but I could see it happening.

First Round:

1. Washington Nationals : Allstar1579: Stephen Strasburg, RHP, San Diego State

2. Seattle Mariners : crawdad: Dustin Ackley, 1B/2B/CF, UNC

3. San Diego Padres : Greg Pappas: Aaron Crow, RHP, Fort Worth Cats

4. Pittsburgh Pirates : Markpolis: Tyler Matzek, LHP, HS (CA)

5. Baltimore Orioles: Stotle: Alex White, RHP, UNC

6. San Francisco Giants : Markpolis: Donovan Tate, OF, HS (GA)

7. Atlanta Braves : crawdad: Zack Wheeler, RHP, HS (GA)

8. Cincinnati Reds : Stotle: Mike Minor, LHP, Vanderbilt

9. Detroit Tigers : Greg Pappas: Jacob Turner, RHP, HS (MO)

10. Washington Nationals : Allstar1579: Chad Jenkins, RHP, Kennesaw St.

11. Colorado Rockies : crawdad: Mike Leake, RHP, Arizona State

12. Kansas City Royals : Greg Pappas: Grant Green, SS, USC

13. Oakland A's : Markpolis:

14. Texas Rangers : Allstar1579:

15. Cleveland Indians : Markpolis:

16. Arizona Diamondbacks : Greg Pappas:

17. Arizona Diamondbacks : Greg Pappas:

1:12 Kansas City Royals... Grant Green, SS, USC

The Royals War Room is ecstatic to get a player ranked much higher up their board. Potentially an above-average/very good ML SS.

My pick here would be Green as well.

This seems possible to me, as well. I think Shelby Miller could get some consideration, simply because KAN could use the power arm, but Green would give them something they really don't have in house. Good pick.

Nice pick with Leake to COL at 11.

I know they pick again at the end of the first round, but COL LOVES Hobgood (so do several teams) and I wouldn't be surprised if they popped him at 11.

It might be a stretch, but I could see it happening.

They also seem to be paying attention to Rex Brothers and Mike Minor.

The Royals War Room is ecstatic to get a player ranked much higher up their board. Potentially an above-average/very good ML SS.

Another good pick...you guys are locked in....no chance Green gets past KC IMO.

This seems possible to me, as well. I think Shelby Miller could get some consideration, simply because KAN could use the power arm, but Green would give them something they really don't have in house. Good pick.

I don't know . . . the Royals seem to have a fascination with players who do not get on base. I think Green will have to lengthen his swing and maybe wearing a pirate eye patch to progress through the system.

YEAH! :clap3:

Archived