My dream scenario for the first three rounds

1st - Dustin Ackley, 1B/OF

2nd - Luke Bailey, C

3rd - Kyle Seager 2B/3B

I'd give Jordan a high five if he could pull that off.

That's some serious positional talent entering our minors that's badly needed.

1st- Dustin Ackley, 1B/OF

2nd - Luke Bailey, C

3rd - Kyle Seager 2B/3B

I like Austin Maddox more than Bailey, especially coming off the injury.

That being said,

1- Matzek

2- Krauss

3- Mendonca

4- Towne

5- Marerro

Would be a dream 5 for me.

Yeah...mine would have to start with Matzek. Mier or Davidson in the second would be pretty sick too.

Yeah, love to get him, but I'm assuming that FLA gets Borchering and ARZ takes Davidson in the first, so I'd focus on Mendonca. I'd even consider him in the 2nd to get him, but in my perfect world, I'd get both he and Krauss who can play 1B.

1st - Dustin Ackley, 1B/OF

2nd - Luke Bailey, C

3rd - Kyle Seager 2B/3B

Ackley and Bailey are almost certain to be drafted by the Mariners if you believe Jason Churchill.

I'd love to get Matzek and Krauss. Anything after that is a bonus.

Ackley and Bailey are almost certain to be drafted by the Mariners if you believe Jason Churchill.

I'd love to get Matzek and Krauss. Anything after that is a bonus.

The only thing I believe about Churchill is that he's not very good at this stuff ;)

I want his job.

The only thing I believe about Churchill is that he's not very good at this stuff ;)

I want his job.

One thing I've never figured out is what are Churchill's credentials? I mean did the guy end up doing work for ESPN, just by running a website?

As far fetched as he and KLaw's predictions seem to be, I won't discount them until the draft is over. They seem to be saying that Pitt's most likely pick at 1:4 will be Sanchez. This to me is so crazy, they almost HAVE to know something to make such a prediction.

Anyways I guess we'll see.

I like Austin Maddox more than Bailey, especially coming off the injury.

That being said,

1- Matzek

2- Krauss

3- Mendonca

4- Towne

5- Marerro

Would be a dream 5 for me.

This is making me drool. I'm a big fan of Krauss, and I took him in our group mock draft. Being able to land three big-time college power bats would be great for the organization. Add in the obvious talent of Matzek and a slick SS like Marrero and I'd say we had a hell of a draft.

Do you really think that Mendonca will be there in the third round?

Go for projectability and track record when you're drafting as high as the Orioles are.You don't draft 5th very often.

If I was drafting 24th, I'd be ok taking a tools kid even if the first round if he's good because things are already iffy down there. Or, if I'm a two-time defending pennant winner w/already a lot of good talent in the minors, I could afford to gamble. This year, I mite do it in the 6th or 7th if there's an Avery or Hoes available. But those first 4 or 5 rounds s/b premium picks for us.Go for what we know.

Yeah, Avery's had a hot month, but before then he did little. Hoes was great last year and now he's sitting there w/a .284 OBP. I'll still say that we blew it last year in rounds 2 and 3. It just wasn't the time to take guys like that.I hope we don't do it again tonite.

After a little research, I agree that Mendonca would be a great pick. He'd immediately become the best 3rd baseman in our organization. I like Krauss also, so Allstar's dream scenario would certainly be a nice one. There are about 5-6 guys I'd love to take in the 2nd round. I'm sure there are other top talents available too.

Any of Mier, Krauss, Gibson, Scheppers or Davidson would be a sick 2nd round pick. I agree that I'd even consider Mendonca that high, although I wonder if his bat really will play. He has the numbers and the great defense, so I'm assuming he has some quirks in his swing that are problematic.

One thing I've never figured out is what are Churchill's credentials? I mean did the guy end up doing work for ESPN, just by running a website?

As far fetched as he and KLaw's predictions seem to be, I won't discount them until the draft is over. They seem to be saying that Pitt's most likely pick at 1:4 will be Sanchez. This to me is so crazy, they almost HAVE to know something to make such a prediction.

Anyways I guess we'll see.

He's a good electronic journalist, but by that standard Roch should be refining his resume (and I think he's better). I really have no idea. I know Law has connections, and I think Churchill has some with the M's, but they just go by word of mouth around the league, they don't look with their own eyes. This year is so crazy I think they are just throwing out things off the wall so they can say "I called that" when something happens.

Archived