The Official Draft Thread

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to calm you down about Hobgood :

"I wasn't suprised. Joe Jordan called about an hour and a half before the draft. He said if Dustin Ackley was there at five, they would take him, but if not, I was going to be an Oriole. We were all cheering for Ackley to go before fifth."

http://masnsports.com/2009/06/hobgood-thrilled-to-be-an-orio.html

I bet he was screamin for Ackley to go, cause he knew if the Orioles didn't take his fat ass, he was gonna go in the 20's. Probably made himself a couple extra million by going at such a ridiculous spot.

This will end up being Jordan's biggest mistake. Immediate sight will turn out to be 20/20.

I bet he was screamin for Ackley to go, cause he knew if the Orioles didn't take his fat ass, he was gonna go in the 20's. Probably made himself a couple extra million by going at such a ridiculous spot.

This will end up being Jordan's biggest mistake. Immediate sight will turn out to be 20/20.

This is way out of line.

Please shut up. Nobody on here wants to read crap like this.

You should probably watch your mouth, bro.

Terps23, Baseball America reported that the Rockies were prepared to take Hobgood at 11.

He throws a heavy sinker...makes sense the Rockies would like him.

He really seems like Scott Erickson to me...Big guy, throws a heavy sinker and a good brekaing pitch...If he can develop a changeup, he has a chance to be better than Erickson.

If not, he should be able to eat a ton of innings, get the other team to beat the ball into the ground and be a good middle of the rotation starter.

He really seems like Scott Erickson to me...Big guy, throws a heavy sinker and a good brekaing pitch...If he can develop a changeup, he has a chance to be better than Erickson.

If not, he should be able to eat a ton of innings, get the other team to beat the ball into the ground and be a good middle of the rotation starter.

Bergesen, Britton, and now our 1st rounder. Anybody see a pattern here? Throw Strikes. Work quick. Keep the ball on the ground in Camden Yards. Let the defense do their job. I like that type of pitcher in our park. Just some thoughts.

If not, he should be able to eat a ton of innings[/B], get the other team to beat the ball into the ground and be a good middle of the rotation starter.

At 245 lbs I'll bet he can eat alot of stuff.

Seriously-Thin waist, big back and shoulders. Mid to high nineties, lots of stamina. Brad Penny? I'll take it. Good pick.

Archived