A little more info as we get close

If we draft this Hobgoblin character, I hope he throw exploding pumpkins like the movies. The other team wouldn't stand a chance :wedge:

:rofl:

Does anyone have a squeegie? I need to wipe my monitor off, it is covered in pepsi!

:rolleyes:

I guess I'm not impressed that the club that has agreed to a pre-draft deal with a player, is now coming out and saying he's the real deal. I'm sure we said the same thing about Chris Smith.

Maybe he turns out to be great. We won't know how well we did here for another 2-3 years. But if we are going to evaluate this draft AT ALL in the meantime, I'll go by what everyone else thinks: this pick is a reach. It's a signability pick.

It's certainly a third pitch for him, but a scout mentioned to me that they believe he can improve it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a fourth pitch for Hobgood?

From what I'm read he's got a potentially plus fastball and plus true curve and his third pitch is his slurvy slider.

From what I'm read he's got a potentially plus fastball and plus true curve and his third pitch is his slurvy slider.

That is what I read, too. Two plus pitches, a solid third offering and a fourth pitch he's working on. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

What the hell are the Orioles seeing that no one else is?

I am no draft guru, I can only go on all the mocks and stuff. And this guy seems to have come completely out of left field in terms of being a top 5 pick.

Of course they are going to say it's no reach. What else is he going to say?

This is a joke if true. The rich are going to keep getting richer in this draft, like the Tigers and Porcello.

I will laugh my butt off when this Sidney Ponson clone holds out into August.

Honestly, you know what I know from that report. I've never seen the guy and I don't start doing home work on guys until they are drafted.

I am no draft guru, I can only go on all the mocks and stuff. And this guy seems to have come completely out of left field in terms of being a top 5 pick.

This is a joke if true. The rich are going to keep getting richer in this draft, like the Tigers and Porcello.

Dude, this is like your rant after they drafted Matusz last year. At least you are consistent. It's like the draft brings out your inner Trea:D

You're almost as angry as JTrea!!!

Not to mention Hobgood's intangibles are off the charts, amazing mound presence...I said it in another thread, but I really see a lot of Arrieta in him, heavy hard fastball and a good hard breaking ball with off the chart mound presence, major bull dog out there.....I may be more excited with Hobgood than Wheeler by this report from Tony.....What if we get all worked up over this thinking we are gonna nab a HS arm and take Green instead......:)

I'm still not too stoked about them taking Hobgood. I'd prefer Wheeler. Haven't seen either though so obviously mine is an uninformed opinion based off of various scouting reports (mostly CamdenDepot, great stuff there guys, you should be proud).

Obviously I'll defer to Jordan's abilities as a talent scout, and certainly like that they are really high on Hobgood moreso than him being an easy sign. But overall, I am disappointed that he looks like he's gonna be the pick. This doesn't seem like a BPA pick unless its one of those rare scenarios where they think they see something that nobody else does.

You're almost as angry as JTrea!!!

I am. This makes no sense to me. It seems like a joke that outside of Strassburg, you're going to need to read the draft results upside down in the morning for it to make sense.

I didn't like the Matusz pick, but at least he was the arguably the best pitcher available.

Archived