jordan on post-game

not sure if this had been corrected. I saw everyone was upset about givens (however you spell it) being chosen as a pitcher.

but jordan just said that it went into the system that way, but he is being drafted as a SS, not a pitcher.

So, that's good.

if this had been found out earlier...I apologize, but i've been at the beach the past few days and have only had cursory glances at the draft boards.

I will defer to Jordan on his picks since I dont have a crew and hundreds of thousands of dollars to even begin to evaluate these guys.

He seemed not to be sheepish or embarrassed but really liked his guys.

Anyhow. They are in the family now.

So lets kick butt.

Jordan also said (adamently, I might add) "There are good position players in this system. You might not know about them yet, but..."

He definitely has a way of making you believe in his picks. I remember a few years ago when Snyder was struggling and a lot of people were down on him, Jordan said almost off-handedly that his bat would play in the majors, it was just a matter of position. Like it was a matter of fact. And for whatever reason, I believed him. (Interestingly, he did not say the same about Rowell.)

Guy knows what he's doing, that's for sure.

Archived