Round 31 O's Select Flacco, Mike 3B

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumbry was a legitimate choice where he went.

As a 31st rounder, I wouldn't be surprised if Flacco decided to go to college - if he has any decent offers.

And heck, we drafted Perlozzo's kid, so why not Bumbry and Flacco?

As a 31st rounder, I wouldn't be surprised if Flacco decided to go to college - if he has any decent offers.

I remember reading the only reason he was at Catonsville CC was because he took a year or so off to rehab an injury. Well, it's also close to his brother, but the point is that's why he was playing at that level. He's probably too old to go to a DI school.

I'm really glad we got him, because if we didn't, you know people who live and die by the Ravens and support the O's when it's convenient would be calling up 105.7 The Fan to rail against Angelos.

Exactly--much better to use a 31st round pick for sentimental reasons than, say, I don't know, a twelth round pick. ;)

Not to derail this, but I was told Bumbry had a tremendous workout for the Orioles and his power alone made him a decent 12th round pick.

Bumbry was a legitimate choice where he went.

And heck, we drafted Perlozzo's kid, so why not Bumbry and Flacco?

Flacco is 22. I doubt he has other offers.

I declare victory in this thread to Hooded Viper.

Hey Snyder is an easy target. As a Skin fan, I was not happy with everything that went on this offseason with the QB position. I am a Campbell fan and he should be given another chance this year. If he doesn't produce at a better level this year, then he shouldn't be re-signed.

On to the Flacco pick, it is definitely a very good PR move. I don't know much about him, but at 31 it isn't much of a risk.

Orioles suck. My stats dwarfed this kids last year before i got injured. No scouts were showing up to games. I played at Catonsville had a 1300 plus OPS and struck out 12 times in my career and talked to no O's scouts. Good luck to Flacco and i will tell you myself he is a better prospect because of his size and speed. Hes a soft spoken nice kid and a hard worker.

I also played with Swinson for 4 years who was picked late and i doubt he signs. He has a rubber arm but was never a over powering pitcher. Hes in the high 80's to low 90's and has 3 good pitches. Another good kid and i think if he gets a couple mph on his fastball he could be good. His stats at Maryland dont look that good but he was the Ace and pitched in all the ACC games.

Orioles suck. My stats dwarfed this kids last year before i got injured. No scouts were showing up to games. I played at Catonsville had a 1300 plus OPS and struck out 12 times in my career and talked to no O's scouts. Good luck to Flacco and i will tell you myself he is a better prospect because of his size and speed. Hes a soft spoken nice kid and a hard worker.

I also played with Swinson for 4 years who was picked late and i doubt he signs. He has a rubber arm but was never a over powering pitcher. Hes in the high 80's to low 90's and has 3 good pitches. Another good kid and i think if he gets a couple mph on his fastball he could be good. His stats at Maryland dont look that good but he was the Ace and pitched in all the ACC games.

You're also a big, dumb donkey who didn't go anywhere else. From what I've heard from a friend at Catonsville, it's draft or bust with Flacco. He'll likely sign.

He was also out of baseball for 3 years.

And he's 22 and apparently pretty awkward at the plate and in the field. From what I've read, he needs a lot of coaching. I'm not down on the pick, but he was probably lucky to get picked where he did.

And he's 22 and apparently pretty awkward at the plate and in the field. From what I've read, he needs a lot of coaching. I'm not down on the pick, but he was probably lucky to get picked where he did.

Yeah, I can't say if he wasn't Joe's brother that he would have been drafted at all. I mean he's got some merit, but raw would be an understatement. Still, no problem with giving him a shot and seeing what happens though.

Archived