I dunno, but Alex White trumped his 08 CWS performance and looking like the ace he was originally supposed to be for UNC.....Didnt see much of that slider still though....

He's got big stuff, no doubt. I still think he was one of the top five players in the draft and CLE got a steal (though I'm not sure why they'd shift him to the pen right away).

He's got big stuff, no doubt. I still think he was one of the top five players in the draft and CLE got a steal (though I'm not sure why they'd shift him to the pen right away).

He does have big stuff and hes a competitor. I definately enjoyed watching him pitch yesterday. I didnt know CLE is switching him to the pen though, that seems like a waste of talent....He could be a dominant closer right now maybe even, but why not figure out whats wrong with his slider, fix it and allow him to attempt to become a dominant starter with 3 plus pitches and the ability to keep the ball in the yard.....

• 2 weeks later...

Finals bump

Last nights game was exciting. I never would have guessed the Texas would have 5 HR to LSU's 1. Matty Ott is a beast. He is only a freshman and broke LSU's saves record. I really think now that Mitchell is only focused on baseball, that he was be very good for the White Sox. LeMahieu came up huge in the 9th. Ruffin for Texas looked really good. His slider was killing LSU. The Longhorn's bullpen struggled big time. Game 2 tonight at 7.

Geaux Tigers!

Austin Ross starting tonight for LSU. I wonder if they will make Ranuado available in this game or hold him off until game 3 if needed.

I think you see him is LSU has the lead. Mainieri will likely want to finish things up tonight if he has the chance.

I think you see him is LSU has the lead. Mainieri will likely want to finish things up tonight if he has the chance.

That would make sense. Ott won't be available. The only thing that gets me a little nervous about Ranaudo is that he needs to cut down on walks. Texas lead the nation in sac bunts. No need to give them free base runners late in the game if we are leading and Ranuado comes in.

That would make sense. Ott won't be available. The only thing that gets me a little nervous about Ranaudo is that he needs to cut down on walks. Texas lead the nation in sac bunts. No need to give them free base runners late in the game if we are leading and Ranuado comes in.

Can walk some, but he also k's a ton.

Talk about a power surge, huh? TEX was far from a team of thumpers this year and has just exploded.

Last night's game was great. I was watching from the sports book in the Flamingo in Vegas with a whole crowd of Texas fans (one of the kid's family, but couldn't figure out which one). They got mad at me when I told them in the 1st that LSU was going to win, and then when I passed them again right after LSU went ahead I got some nasty stink-eyes.

Archived