Fox Sports: Look for the O's to start moving veterans.

My O's Face

I'm not sure if Guthrie will be moved, yet. Maybe somebody out there believes he'll return to the form he's shown the last two years and will offer something or value, but right now his value is low, the performance isn't there the way it has been, and I'm not sure we get anything of significance.

It's been said before, but it bears repeating, who would have thought we'd actually be talking about teams wanting Baez?

Although I like Luke Scott, I'm disappointed that he isn't at least on the market right now. He can help out a lot of teams both at DH and in the outfield, and he's cheap. Things can and will change.

The O's have some veterans that can be of value to opposing teams. If there is a good deal out there, lets get down to business.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing about moving Huff is that teams may be willing to give up a little more for him because they think even if they lose him at the end of the year whatever they had to trade will be offset by the Type A free agent compensation pick they would get.

I'm not sure if Guthrie will be moved, yet. Maybe somebody out there believes he'll return to the form he's shown the last two years and will offer something or value, but right now his value is low, the performance isn't there the way it has been, and I'm not sure we get anything of significance.

It's been said before, but it bears repeating, who would have thought we'd actually be talking about teams wanting Baez?

Although I like Luke Scott, I'm disappointed that he isn't at least on the market right now. He can help out a lot of teams both at DH and in the outfield, and he's cheap. Things can and will change.

The O's have some veterans that can be of value to opposing teams. If there is a good deal out there, lets get down to business.

Just because he isn't on the market, doesn't mean AM won't necessarily listen to offers. I just think it will take a very good one to pry Luke away given his value right now.

It says they're not gonna move him for the sake of moving him, nor will they take some set of mediocre prospects.

But they will trade him for a young somebody who's ready to make a difference.

It also says that they won't trade him for a young somebody (or two) that's a year or two away. That's the part I don't get. Why not?

It also says that they won't trade him for a young somebody (or two) that's a year or two away. That's the part I don't get. Why not?

That's what it says now, but as far as we know negotiations haven't even begun. I like that as a starting stance. Either way, in AM I trust.

If the O's are going to move Huff, would this mean moving Snyder to Norfolk as a minor move as well?
I think Snyder has been and will remain on the Snyder plan, as has been the case for all the top prospects moving internally among our affiliates.

Probably because there's a timetable, and AM isn't interested in just kicking the can down the road forever.

At some point, the team needs to be ready to win, instead of just hoping to do it one mystery day in the vague future when they reach the end of the rainbow.

Probably because there's a timetable, and AM isn't interested in just kicking the can down the road forever.

At some point, the team needs to be ready to win, instead of just hoping to do it one mystery day in the vague future when they reach the end of the rainbow.

You can nab a guy as a stop gap if needs be...The time table is 2011...The player shouldn't have to be able to step in tomorrow, in a meaningless season and start...It should be someone ready to be up within 18 months or so.

You can nab a guy as a stop gap if needs be...The time table is 2011...The player shouldn't have to be able to step in tomorrow, in a meaningless season and start...It should be someone ready to be up within 18 months or so.

Ready to be up doesn't mean ready to contribute. Not that I agree with the reasoning, but you can't expect too too much from most rookies or even second year guys.

"Ready to be up" isn't good enough if you wanna win then.

It's not like the guy puts on a ML uniform and you flick a switch that makes the guy instantly productive.

Even switch-hitting Jesus is still hitting .225 and waiting for his very first ribbie, let alone dinger...

"Ready to be up" isn't good enough if you wanna win then.

It's not like the guy puts on a ML uniform and you flick a switch that makes the guy instantly productive.

Even switch-hitting Jesus is still hitting .225 and waiting for his very first ribbie, let alone dinger...

I think you mix upped your last sentence. Hard to not to get a "ribbie" if you have a "dinger".

Archived