MVP and Cy Young...so far.

beaner

Slow night, and I was looking at some stats. Thinking about early MVP's and Cy Young winners...

American League:

Joe Mauer ( he did miss some time)

Mark Teixeira

Jason Bay

Justin Morneau

Cy Young:

Zack Greinke

Roy Halladay

Justin Verlander/Jered Weaver

NL MVP:

Raul Ibanez

Albert Pujols

Adrian Gonzalez

Cy Young:

Matt Cain

Chad Billingsley

Tim Lincecum

any thoughts?

AL MVP: Jason Bay

AL Cy: Roy Halladay

NL MVP: Albert Pujols

NL Cy: Chad Billingsley

Tough call in the AL, but I can't argue with Bay. Tex has been helped tremendously by having A Rod back. As Mauer and Morneau have helped each other as well..Not taking anything away from any of them, but something to consider.

Tough call in the AL, but I can't argue with Bay. Tex has been helped tremendously by having A Rod back. As Mauer and Morneau have helped each other as well..Not taking anything away from any of them, but something to consider.

Teixeira is human away from New Yankee Stadium.

Home - 31 G, 317/406/717/1.122

Away - 28 G, 248/368/514/882

AL MVP: Torii Hunter - I get to watch him play every day and he has single handedly kept the Angels afloat in the NL West. He plays excellent defense and is 4th in the AL with a 1.013 OPS.

AL Cy Young: Zack Greinke - A ML best 1.72 ERA among starters. We've seen what he has done so far and I don't see anyone else escept Halladay really challenging him at this point.

NL MVP: Albert Pujols - Not much needed here!

NL Cy Young: Dan Haren - He doesn't have the W's for it (since we all know that's one of the main things they look at), but he leads the majors with a 0.81 WHIP, a .188 BAA, has 2 CG, is 2nd in the NL behind Cueto (2.17) in ERA at 2.20, and has a 13/90 walk/k ratio.

Just for fun I'll add the ROY as of this point as well:

AL ROY - As of right now I'd say Porcello, but this will probably be a tough one at the end of the season. David Price has done really well since his first start where he only lasted 3 1/3 innings and Reimold certainly has produced. Wieters could also get some consideration if he start putting up big numbers.

NL ROY - Not really sure on this one. No one has really stood out to me, but I guess J.A. Happ would get the nod.

I don't see how you can possibly not say Greinke for AL CY. I'd probably pick Mauer for the MVP, buy Bay and Tex are good choices as well. Porcello would have to be the ROY as of now, but we have a couple guys who could have something to say about that.

In the NL, gotta go with Pujols for the MVP. As for CY, taht's a tough call, I'd say Matt Cain maybe.

ROY is who, Fowler?

AL MVP:

1. Joe Mauer

2. Mark Teixeira(:puke:)

3. Jason Bay

AL CY Young:

1. Roy Halladay

2. Zack Greinke

3. Justin Verlander

AL ROY

1. Rick Porcello

2. Nolan Reimold