2009 Draft Signing Tracker

The date for signing draft picks has now passed. I will attempt to update the list (with signing bonuses if announced). If I miss anything or any signing please let me know so I can update the list.

Overall, I think it's a very successful draft for the Orioles. The way the Givens signing played out was perfect for the Orioles and their fans. I sincerely do not believe some of the late signings (Ohlman and perhaps Coffey) would have occurred if Jordan believed he could sign Givens.

Yes, it worked out perfectly. I think this draft was very successful. JJ has done his job, he has done all he can possibly do, now it is up to player development to make the next step. Ill bet we begin to see some of these HS kids in 3.5 years make their MLB debut. Hobgood is the 1st pitcher of the HS arms I expect to see up.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• The Angels have a pretty good lineup. Just a combo of old and young. It’s actually a good thing that Trout hit the bomb and Hyde/Burnes didn’t have to deal with the No No.  This dude is a stud. Talk about the perfect dude to have around our young pitchers. Especially Grayson. 
    • Condolences to you and your family.  
    • My father passed away earlier this month. I am on spring break so yesterday I had to drive to the eastern Shore first to get an original copy of his will from his lawyer, then go to Worcester County court house and open the estate, then stop at his bank in Millsboro, DE to settle his accounts there and setup his estate account. Starting at 6am I made a loop from Baltimore-Ocean City-Snow Hill-Millsboro-Baltimore. I made it home just as Burnes was finishing the first inning.  My Dad loved baseball, it was one of those things that we could actually talk about in that completely stereotypical father-son way. Part of me wants to believe that one was for him. 
    • Yeah, no way that happens. They’re really bad. I’ll be surprised if they win 70. 
    • Comcast has been doing this with all the regional sports networks around the country. They know that live sports are the major drivers of subscriptions for bloated packages that most people don't consume in any meaningful way.  I share my MIL Xfinity login so I can stream from the MASN app. The app is certainly NOT the best, but any port in a storm. Hopefully new ownership means we can have a direct streaming option sooner than later.  I swear, make a deal with one of the local broadcast affiliates to put the game on one of the alternate areial channels. I know some people might be upset with reruns of the Rifleman being pre-empted during the summer but dang just do it.  All that said, I am old enough to remember the HTS days, when it was a "premium," channel so watching the Orioles on TV was a luxury that I did not have a lot growing up. The more things change... 
    • Good list. I think Gillies and Armbruester have a pretty decent chance, dependent on how they do this year of course. They might even make major league appearances this year, particularly Armbruester. I’d tier them above the rest of the “unlikely” group. 
  • Popular Contributors