How come the Blue Jays can be competitive and the Orioles can't?

keysersose

Angelos hasn't listen to anyone that has input towards building a WS championship. Why would anyone own a team without that goal? Someone said O's org is trying.. & where would that be? So many chances to acquire a veteran pitcher. Do you know what that  would do for this team. They were not even mentioned in the mix the past couple years when Chris Sale was available or Verlander or Price or Cueto or Greinke or Scherzer or Gray. Never offered a penny to help this time. They let go Arrieta & Miller..O's reak of bad choices and no interest in WS 

They acquire rocks cuz they're cheap hoping for gems! They were one series away from WS then they let Cruz goe & sign Davis that has been a total BUST all he cares about is making sure his pay check hits. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gman!! said:

Angelos hasn't listen to anyone that has input towards building a WS championship. Why would anyone own a team without that goal? Someone said O's org is trying.. & where would that be? So many chances to acquire a veteran pitcher. Do you know what that  would do for this team. They were not even mentioned in the mix the past couple years when Chris Sale was available or Verlander or Price or Cueto or Greinke or Scherzer or Gray. Never offered a penny to help this time. They let go Arrieta & Miller..O's reak of bad choices and no interest in WS 

They acquire rocks cuz they're cheap hoping for gems! They were one series away from WS then they let Cruz goe & sign Davis that has been a total BUST all he cares about is making sure his pay check hits. 

o

And how does that relate to the OP of the thread in which you bumped ???

As Frobby just said:

o

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

My only point about the resuscitation of this thread being asinine is that it's a super-old thread and its point really is unrelated to your current points. In 2006, the O's were in the midst of an 9th straight losing season, whereas the Jays were having an 87-win season. Thus, it was fair to ask why the Jays were able to do better than us. But today, the Jays are in last place, and we've won more games and been to the playoffs more times than they have over the last six years, so this thread doesn't really pertain at all to the current situation.

So, I don't really have a problem with the opinions you expressed in your post, I just thought they were misplaced in this thread from 11 years ago in a very different situation.   

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

My only point about the resuscitation of this thread being asinine is that it's a super-old thread and its point really is unrelated to your current points.   In 2006, the O's were in the midst of an 9th straight losing season, whereas the Jays were having an 87-win season.     Thus, it was fair to ask why the Jays were able to do better than us.    But today, the Jays are in last place, and we've won more games and been to the playoffs more times than they have over the last six years, so this thread doesn't really pertain at all to the current situation.

So, I don't really have a problem with the opinions you expressed in your post, I just thought they were misplaced in this thread from 11 years ago in a very different situation.   

The Orioles have won 4 of the last 6 season series vs. Toronto, including this year (11-7).  Over that time, we're 60-52 head-to-head, so, I'll have to disagree with the benefit of bringing this poltergeist of a thread back.

I know I'll get some objection, but unless the topic is especially memorable, (legendary actually, like the Teixeira days) there needs to be a statute of limitations on bumping years old threads that only you remember (and who knows why).   Recently, you folks bumped a thread from Sports Guy.  Resist the urge to make an overarching and mostly unrelated connection between a current topic and one five years old.  See ya.

3 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

The Orioles have won 4 of the last 6 season series vs. Toronto, including this year (11-7).  Over that time, we're 60-52 head-to-head, so, I'll have to disagree with the benefit of bringing this poltergeist of a thread back.

I know I'll get some objection, but unless the topic is especially memorable, (legendary actually, like the Teixeira days) there needs to be a statute of limitations on bumping years old threads that only you remember (and who knows why).   Recently, you folks bumped a thread from Sports Guy.  Resist the urge to make an overarching and mostly unrelated connection between a current topic and one five years old.  See ya.

Someone should just lock the thread already.

23 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

But he's right. Do any of you see any daylight. The goal is to win a championship. Not squeeze into the playoffs every now and then.

No he is not right. If Championship is the goal, which I agree that it should be. This 11 year old thread is not the venue to rehash the argument. The Orioles have certainly been more competitive over the last 6 yearsthen Toronto. 

So yes, I see a lot of daylight. I don't see championships, but I don't see them in Toronto either. 

Archived