Bedard to DL... again.

hihop07

Bedard is forced on the 15 day DL with shoulder inflammation. It's been, what, 3 times already from last year and this year combined?

We've been kicking around the idea of bringing Bedard back next year but I don't think so after seeing that he's back on the DL again.

Do you guys have any more opinion about the possibility of seeing Bedard again, or are we okay with the guys we got in our Major League rotation and the guys at Norfolk/Bowie?

I only say this because we don't have that #1 - Tillman or Matusz may be that guy but we won't see them in action, at least, until late this year or next year, and they'll only be starting their career by then.

DISCLAIMER: I do agree about growing the arms and buying the bats - I just wanted to see what you guys think.

I'd love to have him back for 1 year and maybe a vesting option but I doubt if he'd accept that or be interested in coming back to Baltimore at all. Free agents just aren't interested in facing this division (unless they're from Japan and don't know any better). I can't blame them.

Bedard is going to be a guy that will consistently get paid, because he has all the ability in the world, but his career will never amount to a whole lot. He's a walking infirmary, and he usually doesn't go deep enough into games to prevent his bullpen from blowing it for him. In 137 career starts, he has only 1 complete game! He's got ace quality stuff, but he's usually at 95+ pitches after 5 innings.

Someone will pay him off, and he'll earn it if he can ever stay healthy, but I sincerely hope and doubt it will be the Orioles.

I don't know how TyCobb's going to spin this in a positive or no reason to be worried light.

Only suppose to miss 1 more start. ;)

I am surprise the Mariners are being so careful with him. He pretty much is going to get traded soon.

Archived