6/18: Mets at O's, the rubber game

PaulFolk

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how the hell do you put Berken back in their for the 7th inning considering how much he looked like he was struggling in the 6th?? I would have been willing to bet any amount that unless the line drives were hit right at our players, the Mets would score in the 7th......very poor managing

if that's the way you felt, you should've said something at the beginning of the inning.

The Mets announcers sd that Wieters looks at the dugout for the pitch calls. I don't think that's true is it?

No it is not. He is looking for coverage signs with men on base. Watch when no one is on, he does not look over. The Met's announcers are half paying attention.

how the hell do you put Berken back in their for the 7th inning considering how much he looked like he was struggling in the 6th?? I would have been willing to bet any amount that unless the line drives were hit right at our players, the Mets would score in the 7th......very poor managing

So, you would bet that they score if given the condition the balls aren't hit at our players?

I think that's a safe bet regardless of what pitcher is in the game.

I disagree...these kids have to learn to pitch. Do you want a staff of 6 inning pitchers?

Every single ball off the bat of a Mets player was well hit.......fortunately we caught half of those.......I have no problem wth the kids learning to pitch but keeping Berken in for the seventh was a recipe for disaster.......again, I would have bet anything that the mets were gonna score in the 7th......horrible managing

So, you would bet that they score if given the condition the balls aren't hit at our players?

I think that's a safe bet regardless of what pitcher is in the game.

My point is that everything off Mets players were crisp line drives and well hit fly balls........there weren't any pop ups or hanging fly balls that our defense would have a good chance with

Every single ball off the bat of a Mets player was well hit.......fortunately we caught half of those.......I have no problem wth the kids learning to pitch but keeping Berken in for the seventh was a recipe for disaster.......again, I would have bet anything that the mets were gonna score in the 7th......horrible managing

We have had 11 years of losing in part because of a lack of toughness, not to mention bad players. We have a new group on the way. You have to let them learn and fight throughrough spots. I am not satisfied with 6 inning pitchers. He got the first two guys and then gave up 2 hits. I like that he was back out there and seemed like he wanted to be. You can call it horrible managing. I will call it having a commitment to the guy and letting him learn.

Archived