Breaking News: Snyder to Norfolk

BowieMike

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick quote from Brandon (one of many, by the way, so stay tuned):

"It’s awesome, I think the last time I got promoted was my rookie year out of Bluefield. It definitely means a lot to me. I’ve been fortunate enough to play with these guys and everything I’ve done here, you kind of always have to tip your hat to the guys you play with and they did a heck of a job. It’s definitely tough to leave because we’re starting to play real well and our pitching staff is throwing the ball real well so it’s kind of tough to leave. At the same time, I’m excited to start the new adventure."

This excites me almost as much as the O's win today. We could really seen Brandon on the team in September or at the least to start the year next year.

I'm still worried he won't stick as a 1B and we may need to DH him... but with all due respect... help him put his work in and hopefully he'll improve a lot.

I think one of the real reasons for Brandon's promotion is that Norfolk's lineup is horrible now that Montanez, Wieters, and Reimold are gone. It does not bode well for Hernandez, Tillman, and Arieta to have bad run support. This move is to help out our young pitching prospects as much as it is to help Brandon. Okay, maybe not so much, but it definitely helps the young guys on the mound.

It's interesting that the O's have been so much more aggressive with their promotions this year compared to last year. You get a real sense that they are teeing things up to make a real push in 2010. There's no question now that Tillman, Hernandez, Arrieta, Patton and Snyder are all in the picture to make the club next spring or maybe a few weeks later for contract purposes. And can Matusz be far behind?

I'm enjoying watching Bergesen, Berken, Wieters and Reimold, but next year stacks up to be even more exciting. I can hardly wait!

It's interesting that the O's have been so much more aggressive with their promotions this year compared to last year. You get a real sense that they are teeing things up to make a real push in 2010. There's no question now that Tillman, Hernandez, Arrieta, Patton and Snyder are all in the picture to make the club next spring or maybe a few weeks later for contract purposes. And can Matusz be far behind?

I'm enjoying watching Bergesen, Berken, Wieters and Reimold, but next year stacks up to be even more exciting. I can hardly wait!

Well everyone was playing very well before their call-up.

Last year, Arrieta deserved to go to Bowie but didnt, but probably would have if he hadnt have gone to the Olympics. Tillman could have been promoted but keeping him in Bowie wasnt the end of the world. Snyder didnt turn it on until May/June, so he was making a late case to be promoted. Reimold had a strong case to get promoted to Norfolk, but it didnt occur.

This year, we have seen Wieters, Bergesen, Berken, Reimold, Montanez, and Salazar earn their promotions to the Orioles. Arrieta, Patton, and Snyder put up ridiculous numbers to earn their promotions to Norfolk. Matusz put up ridiculous numbers to get promoted to Bowie. Really, only Mariotti and Bascom were promoted without have outstanding stats over an extended time.

Too much of a leap to wonder what this means for Huff?

Yes and no.

On one hand, one has nothing to do with the other.

OTOH, this gives Snyder a chance at the highest MiL level and if Huff is dealt in 4-6 weeks and Snyder is doing very well in AAA, MAYBE they decide to move him up.

Archived