6/20 O's at Philadelphia

SimplyZ

Its JA like "Jay"

Jay Happ = JA Happ, its pronounced the same.

Ah, OK. Usually, people who abbreviate their first and middle names ask that it be pronounced that way. :laughlol: I thought I was going bonkers for a minute there.

For example, I never heard anyone call D.B. Cooper "Deb" :laughlol:

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe that's a defining moment for MASN...

A few edits/spelling references:

Bergesen

Wieters, i.e., The Switch-Hitting Jesus

cavalry

Sherrill

Arrieta

I am eagerly awaiting Brian's call up so announcers can butcher over and over the battery of Matusz-Wieters

I am eagerly awaiting Brian's call up so announcers can butcher over and over the battery of Matusz-Wieters

Buster Olney, who bleeds orange when he nicks himself shaving, pronounces Matusz as "Ma-TOOZ." Buster's rarely wrong on these sorts of things, but I've always heard "MAT-US" from everyone on MASN, including Amber the Magnificent. :confused:

Serious question, does anyone know if this "not getting hits with 2 outs and RISP" thing with Roberts is an on-going thing, or a fluke this year? They just mentioned that he's hitting .080 with RISP and two outs, which is the lowest mark in MLB. It's really bothering me, and likely other fans this year.

Ah, OK. Usually, people who abbreviate their first and middle names ask that it be pronounced that way. :laughlol: I thought I was going bonkers for a minute there.

For example, I never heard anyone call D.B. Cooper "Deb" :laughlol:

Yup, I would agree that it is pretty strange, as I've never see it either...

"Though his name is James Anthony and is spelled "J. A.", his name is pronounced "Jay."

-Wikipedia

Archived