Updates on Hobgood, Givens, Townsend, Dallas and Mooney

The Orioles continue to close in on signing their top draft pick, California high school pitcher Matt Hobgood.

He is expected to come to Baltimore this Thursday for his physical and possibly have a press conference and be introduced to the Camden Yards crowd during next Saturday's game with the Nationals.

The O's are not considered close to signing their second-round pick, Florida high school shortstop Mychal Givens, but are making solid progress with third-round pick Tyler Townsend, a 1B-OF from Florida International University.
The O's are also soon expected to announce the signing of 6th-round pick, catcher Justin Dallas and 23rd-round pick, shortstop Micheal Mooney from the University of Florida.

http://masnsports.com/2009/06/hobgood-signing-close.html

I bolded the part about Hobgood's unveiling at the O's-Nats game, because I'm so freakin' psyched about it. :clap3:

I won't be able to go to the game in person (I'll once again be down the ocean with my girlfriend a couple of friends, just like I was for Hernandez's and Wieters' ML debut earlier this month), but I'll be sure to check out the recap on MASN. :)

I am psyched about Hobgood signing.

I thought that Dallas had already signed, at least that is what some publications had already.

Same here. I recall a link stating he had already signed. May have to "unbold" him if he's not signed. ;)

Why wouldn't he be introduced at the Friday night game which draws a lot of fans, college night and fireworks? I have tickets for that game. I can flip them for Saturday if need be but prefer to go Friday.

Really? Is it that big of a deal that he's going to be introduced at the game Saturday? I mean, it's not like it's going to be his first start of anything, they're just going to show a big picture of him up on the Jumbotron before the game. I think this is more just a matter of the O's management picking a random time than trying to make you upset about having purchased Friday tickets instead of Saturday tickets. Plus, the fireworks are probably better anyway.:awesome:

Archived