Arrieta

Hank Scorpio

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arrieta: "I hate to lose"

I'm sure if you asked Tillman, Hernandez, and et al, they would say the same thing!!! Who like to lose. . . .I'm sure Hernandez and Tillman don't!! I don't think Arrieta is any better in that department!

I'm sure if you asked Tillman, Hernandez, and et al, they would say the same thing!!! Who like to lose. . . .I'm sure Hernandez and Tillman don't!! I don't think Arrieta is any better in that department!

I'm sure this is true. With that said, J.A. strikes me as an extremely competitive athlete. I Have seen him pitch twice live and saw him throw one of the most intense side session in spring training that I can remember. When I saw him throw the side session this spring it struck me then, how much he wanted to send a message to everyone around with each pitch. It was impressive to say the least. In some ways it reminded me of Roger Clemens because of the intensity and bulldog mentality.

I'm sure this is true. With that said, J.A. strikes me as an extremely competitive athlete. I Have seen him pitch twice live and saw him throw one of the most intense side session in spring training that I can remember. When I saw him throw the side session this spring it struck me then, how much he wanted to send a message to everyone around with each pitch. It was impressive to say the least. In some ways it reminded me of Roger Clemens because of the intensity and bulldog mentality.

Yes, I think that when weighing the strengths and weaknesses of our various pitchers, toughness and competitiveness come to mind with respect to Arrieta. Not that our other pitchers are weak or uncompetitive, just that these aspects stand out a little more with Arrieta than with most.

You guys whose think Arrieta is tougher and more competitive than Tillman, Hernandez et al is a insult to them. I bet you that they hate losing as much as anybody!!! You don't get to this level with a weak competitive spirit.

This is the right attitude and mindset for Mr. Arrieta. We need our guys who stand on the mound to be willing to wage war in the guise of sport: pitch without fear and don't be afraid to back someone off the plate, regardless of the name on the jersey.

So which pitchers who comes to mind are fearful?

Archived