Sat. 6/27 WAS @ O's

porterhouse

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if he's regretting signing here....

Nah... he totally knew the situation when he signed and there really haven't been any surprises. It's not like Wieters is playing every day. Zaun knew what he was getting into and I'm sure he's grateful for the opportunity.

I don't think there was a ton of starting jobs offered to him.
Nah... he totally knew the situation when he signed and there really haven't been any surprises. It's not like Wieters is playing every day. Zaun knew what he was getting into and I'm sure he's grateful for the opportunity.
I know you're probably being facetious, but the answer is NO:

Yes, facetious people. And I was talking about Zaun, Ricker...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Gunnar was a rookie getting his feet wet, Hays is a vet. You don’t hear me calling for Holliday to be sent down. 
    • Obviously. I’m only saying that Hyde clearly cares about getting Hays ABs. He doesn’t come into the game yesterday otherwise.    I have more faith in O’Hearn vs. the LHP than the current version of Hays and would have preferred O’Hearn to hit in that spot considering we were down a run and he’d be getting another at bat later anyway. 
    • This has happened to him at least a handful of times, and the take is actually a good thing IMO. Most umpires don't totally whiff like that. Getting outta dodge for a few games should help him a bit.
    • It’s called resting players. The last game Hays had he hit two balls in play with exit velos over 100 mph. We’re like 1/9th of the way through the season. Hays is essentially a platoon OF now while struggling. How many people in this thread wanted to send Gunnar down last April?
    • Fun fact (I know, nothing like Holliday) Rich Dauer was a 1st round pick (24th) from USC 1976 - up for a cup of coffee 4 for 39 .  All singles 1977 - Rookie 2B makes the team.  Thru May.  1 for 41 with 1 RBI and 1 run scored. June - 21 games. .357 average .958 OPS The moral of this story.  Baseball is a very funny game.  Earl Weaver stuck with a kid with 1/10 of the talent of Jackson Holliday.   
    • Does anyone know if Zach Hample was at the game yesterday.  I know he's chasing Holidays first HR ball but just saying.......
    • Suarez is the same guy that gave up 5 runs in 4.1 innings to Scranton/Wilkes Barres on April 12th and 5 earned runs in 5 innings to Durham on March 31st.     The Twins have the 28th best offense in baseball right now with several players on the IL.    Love what Suarez did yesterday but consistency start to start has not been his M.O. this spring.  Hope for the best but know the worst might happen.
  • Popular Contributors