6/29: Red Sox at Orioles, Game 1

PaulFolk

I'm tellin' ya, we need that bench clearing brawl vs. the Red Sox like Tampa had. It was the thing that unified them against the Sux and they got a chip on their shoulders vs. them. The Orioles need that chip...

We agree on this:):clap3:

I just do not want any Os I love to get hurt:(

K?

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who said I don't get frustrated? And if you're implying I don't care, you better rethink that.

Here's my problem (and I agree up front that it is *my* problem): It's bad enough to deal with the frustrating parts. That's the kind of thing where I like to watch games with others who actually *like* the team. It helps make it better, or at least not so bad. For me personally, having to watch the frustrating parts *and* listen to you b*tch and moan non-stop just makes it worse. When 1 in every 5 posts in the thread is you spewing negativity, that sorta ruins the ballgame-watching experience. Maybe it makes it better for you. But it makes it worse for me. I tend to stay out of game threads when you're in them, because what you mainly do is just crap indiscriminately all over the place. How you think that makes watching a ballgame fun is completely beyond me.

Now, maybe you just wanna vent, and I agree that board rules give you every right to do that. But, for myself, being a fan of this team is plenty job enough without also getting stuck being the captive audience for your personal anger-therapy schtick. It's not anger-therapy at all. It doesn't improve anything. It's just spreading negative crap all over everybody else's computer screen. So, either your crap gets dumped on everybody else, including me, or else they leave. For me, that's not exactly a great choice. In fact, it doesn't really give me very much choice at all. When you threaten to leave the thread I get hopeful. Sadly, most of the time you don't do it, you stick around and keep crapping all over the thread. When you do leave, or when you skip one, IMO the tenor of the thread improves.

Please know that I don't think you're in any way a bad guy. AFAIK, you're a fine person. I've got absolutely nothing against you personally. I just wish you'd quit crapping all over the game threads, that's all. And I bet if you spent game after game listening to me having nonstop tirades, you'd probably wish I'd quit it too. In fact, you're probably plenty sick of me mentioning this, and the number of posts in which I do is just a tiny fraction of 1% of the posts in which you spew negative crap. So, if you're sick of me mentioning it, just imagine how weary I am of trying to watch a ballgame while you're doing a non-stop rant.

Look, I don't have any issues with you at all, really... I think you're one of the more balanced posters around here... but if I'm not breaking any board rules, what's the problem?

I strive to achieve your balance, but those darned Orioles, they keep tripping me up.

I can't help but b*tch and moan when they play sub par baseball, unfortunately. Trust me, I wish it were different for me. I wish I could just shrug it off and say, "Meh, we'll get 'em tomorrow."

I can't do that, know why? Because regardless of whether or not we "get 'em tomorrow," we're probably going to finish the season in last place.

That bothers me, a lot. I'm a fan. This is a place to express my frustration.

When they play well, I applaud them. When they stink, I "crap" on them, and this is a wonderful place to do that.

I don't understand why it bothers you so much?

BTW, whenever I see other posters ranting on the game thread, I commiserate with them, I don't get annoyed by them.

I can't fathom a circumstance where one of our pitchers hits the fastest guy in the league with an 0-2 fastball, basically handing him 2nd base, and I just sit idly by and shrug it off.

That kind of stuff drives me crazy, and instead of screaming at television, I type my frustration into the game thread.

That's basically how it goes down.

Archived