Jeffress suspended 100 games

TakebackOPACY

It is illegal to get a DUI. MLB doesn't suspend those players. I think a lot more people have problems with DUI than smoking weed.

I think it is stupid for MLB to test for weed and I a posters said that MLB doesn't even test for weed. It is only MiLB that test for it.

Actually, DUI is the punishment for driving over the legal limit. If a player gets a DUI, I fully support a suspension.

I'm saying nothing about the testing or anything. All I'm saying is that doing it is a breach of the professionalism you are expected to carry as professional athlete. That is why I support the suspension. Again, nothing about the legalization aspect of the drug.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, DUI is the punishment for driving over the legal limit. If a player gets a DUI, I fully support a suspension.

I'm saying nothing about the testing or anything. All I'm saying is that doing it is a breach of the professionalism you are expected to carry as professional athlete. That is why I support the suspension. Again, nothing about the legalization aspect of the drug.

Ok. Well Joba got a DUI this off season. He wasn't suspend at all. This kid is going to get a 100 day suspension for smoking weed. How does that make sense?

Unless you get the Wizinator. That my friends is the best way to pay any test. I have heard many different things to drink to pass the test, asprin, cranberry juice, vinegar, just to name a few.....But regardless, if I ever got to play the game I love as a job and got paid for it, Id quit that instant!
Actually I've heard that the best way to get weed out of your system is with a whole bunch of alcohol!

Ok. Well Joba got a DUI this off season. He wasn't suspend at all. This kid is going to get a 100 day suspension for smoking weed. How does that make sense?

Regardless of whether or not it "makes sense," it's not like the guy didn't know that testing positive for weed would get him suspended.

All I'm saying is that doing it is a breach of the professionalism you are expected to carry as professional athlete.

If you do it in a way that impacts your performance or effects the public perception of the team, well, yes.

If you do it in privacy, and in a way that does not impact your performance, then that's total BS.

If you do it in a way that impacts your performance or effects the public perception of the team, well, yes.

If you do it in privacy, and in a way that does not impact your performance, then that's total BS.

No, see, this is where I disagree, even though I'm a proponent of legalization.

Fact: It's illegal, period, to use.

Fact: It's illegal by the leagues own mandates.

To get caught doing a "doubly" illegal thing is simply inexcusable. Even if I think it's BS, the law is the law and the rules are the rules. He doesn't get brownie points for doing something illegal that I think should be legal. I'm afraid life doesn't work that way.

Fact: Drunk Driving is illegal.

Fact: Drunk Driving is not specifically illegal by league mandates.

So, what we have here is a disconnect that I agree needs to be addressed, but again...the law is the law and the rules are the rules. There is currently no rule in pro ball that says DUI = auto suspension. There is for illegal drug use.

So, I have to agree with Justin that doing something that is both illegal and against the rules is incredibly unprofessional. I wish it were otherwise, but wishes and farts will get you a stinky room.

The O's have a highly respected farm system but a glut of upper minor league position prospects. Hmm.

Ignoring the whole legalization debate... when did Brandon Snyder count as a glut of upper minor league position prospects?

I still think that 42% is a very large number to actually change a law. That is with a lot of the public actually thinking it is a "dangerous" drug.

We have something called majority rules. Forty-two percent isn't a majority. I could see it happening some day, but our society just isn't ready for it.

It's not about making sense. It's about a contract. There isn't a rule that says getting a DUI means you will be suspended. There is a rule that if you fail a marijuana test you will be suspended. That's it. The world is not fair.

We have something called majority rules. Forty-two percent isn't a majority. I could see it happening some day, but our society just isn't ready for it.

You only have to get 8% of the people that are still against legalizing marijuana to get the majority. That isn't hard to do with a strong campaign.

It's not about making sense. It's about a contract. There isn't a rule that says getting a DUI means you will be suspended. There is a rule that if you fail a marijuana test you will be suspended. That's it. The world is not fair.

I wasn't talking about the contract. I simply said it was sad that MLB actually test for weed. I was corrected that the MLB doesn't test for it, but the MILB does. Which I think is pretty damn stupid since marijuana has no effect on a players abilities or health for that matter.

Fact: It's illegal, period, to use.

So is driving over the speed limit or downloading music from P2P software but everyone have done that at some point. Rhetorically speaking, are you not an equally irresponsible person for breaking any law, no matter what it is? I'd say no, personally.

Also, it's not illegal to use or even grow in a lot of areas of California, or in the rest of the country for that matter, for medical reasons. Heck, the government is paying people to grow it for those reasons and people have legit reasons for using it.

I get your point overall though and agree for the most part that currently things are not the way they should or could be and that you have to play by the rules if you want to succeed at in the minors, MLB could care less and that's great.

We have something called majority rules. Forty-two percent isn't a majority.

That depends entirely on how many choices you have in the vote and not every vote is "yes" or "no". 42% could easily be the majority if there are more than two choices.

Archived