7/1 - O's vs. Red Sox, The Rubber Match

The Rick

I really don't like Pie in the 2 hole. I'd like to see Andino given a shot in that spot when AJ or Nick are not there.

Andino has a .276 OPB(the worst on the team)...what has he done to earn the 2 spot?

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you serious? The O's announcers said he was out by 5 ft.

Nope, the ball was to the centerfield side of 2B, and for whatever reason Pedroia actually took the ball out of his glove, then tagged Pie... who I think beat the tag anyway... but even if he didn't, the ball wasn't even in his glove. He was safe. Another horrendous call for these God awful umpires.

If that's true, why isn't there an argument? Jeez. I was glad that Randazzo was not the plate umpire today, but I guess the krappy umping has just moved out to the bases.

Neither Palmer or Thorne mentioned it either. I'm guessing everyone just missed it. I only noticed it on the replay. But he DEFINITELY had the ball in his hand when he tagged Pie.

Andino has a .276 OPB...what has he done to earn the 2 spot?

From watching many games, Andino is much more comfortable batting than Pie. Pie is starting to look better but still has a ways to go. Andino looks pretty good out there. He's done a nice job in an everyday job.

If that's true, why isn't there an argument? Jeez.

I guess Trembley didnt think it was worth it. I don't think it was a bad play. Maybe a little over-aggressive but I can live with it, he's fast, its in the gap, keeps you out of the double-play if you make it. I dont know, I just think there are worse plays you could make.

He would've been out by 5 feet is Pedroia actually tagged him with the ball or put the tag down in time. But Pedroia took his time, and had the ball in his hand when he tagged him with the glove.

Horrible horrible call.

UNbelievable--that type of umping mistake hardly ever happens. :mad:

From watching many games, Andino is much more comfortable batting than Pie. Pie is starting to look better but still has a ways to go. Andino looks pretty good out there. He's done a nice job in an everyday job.

At the plate? .590 OPS!!

Andino "looking" like a better #2 hitter than Pie is just utter nonsense.

Archived