Matusz start, Bowie vs. Akron Game 1, 7/2/09

Three Run Homer

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Baysox struck for the three runs off Rondon here in the fourth with RBI's from Eric Crozier, Mike Costanzo and Miguel Abreu.

Matusz, meanwhile, has thrown approximately 59 pitches through four.

Thanks for the update--can't get pitch counts from milb.com. He's now through 5: still O R, 2 BB, 6 K.

Wow another awesome game from Matusz! Anyone else really wanna see him in Baltimore some time this season? I know service time is an issue but he's just mowing down AA not long after being promoted from Single A.

Good things come to those who wait. I'd like to see him face some AA teams a second time around before I decide whether or not he should be in Norfolk or higher for the end of the season.

Remember, Jeff Fiorentino batted >.400 the first time pitchers faced him in the bigs, and ended up batting .250 on the year... I'd imagine the effect of seeing a pitcher (especially one with a reputation as "dominant") a second time would be even greater

He probably became the O's best pitching contract the day he signed the contract.

BTW he pitched the 7-inning shutout: 4H 2BB 6K. Retired the last 9 he faced.

This is sweet. Matusz needs to show Tillman and Arrieta a thing or two. Promote him to Norfolk now!

This is sweet. Matusz needs to show Tillman and Arrieta a thing or two. Promote him to Norfolk now!

I vote no on this for selfish reasons. I want to see him come to Reading at the end of August. I saw Arrieta in April and Matusz in August would be a great bookend.:D

I vote no on this for selfish reasons. I want to see him come to Reading at the end of August. I saw Arrieta in April and Matusz in August would be a great bookend.:D

Matusz aside, that series in Reading could be critical for Bowie's playoff push. Entering play today, the Baysox were 2.5 games out of second place for the final playoff spot in the Southern Division.

Matusz aside, that series in Reading could be critical for Bowie's playoff push. Entering play today, the Baysox were 2.5 games out of second place for the final playoff spot in the Southern Division.

I will be there for at least one game. More if Matusz is pitching. They are having fireworks all 4 nights. Sunday is $1 dogs and Munday night is Ladies night with a $2000.00 diamond dig after the game. Reading has some great promotion nights. They had pimp this ride earlier in the year! Gave away free junk cars.

Archived