The decline in our OF defense is on display

Frobby

Neither play was an error, but the triple Izturis hit was mis-timed by Nick, then Figgins hit a bloop that IMO Jones would have caught last year. Those two just aren't playing as well in the field as they did last year.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neither play was an error, but the triple Izturis hit was mis-timed by Nick, then Figgins hit a bloop that IMO Jones would have caught last year. Those two just aren't playing as well in the field as they did last year.

If you told me before the season they'd have a combined 4.2 WARP, without major injuries, I would be shocked.

There was also a play after the three run homer that Jones gave up on. He trotted to a shallow fly ball and it landed right in front of him. Never saw he sprint at all towards it.

I don't know if it's a lack of focus or what, but it's not good. Neither guy deserves to be an All-Star this year, and to be honest, if it wasn't for the obligatory selection, I don't know who would be there. Luke Scott has the numbers but he's been a DH basically.

What's the reason for the decline? And why isn't it being adressed?

What's the reason for the decline? And why isn't it being adressed?

Well, you're asking the right questions...

Can't address it unless you know the reason.

And the mystery reason is the big unanswered question.

Well, you're asking the right questions...

Can't address it unless you know the reason.

And the mystery reason is the big unanswered question.

IMO the reason in the case of both Nick and AJ, is loss of speed. AJ because he bulked up. Nick who knows, but I don't think he is getting to balls he used to, poor jumps maybe, but I just don't think he is running as well.

You gotta wonder if Jonesy's hammy is still bothering him somewhat, as well as the other parts of his body after all the abuse he's taken this season.

With Markakis I think it's just plain motivation. He and Roberts are good friends and Roberts just doesn't perform unless he has something to play for IMO.

We are seeing that now from Nick IMO. I think Roberts has rubbed off on him a bit.

The entire team has been in a funk the past month. We are a more talented team then we are showing in every aspect of the game. Some change has to happen to spark this team. Whether a someone takes over and becomes a vocal leader (do we even have one for godsakes?) or a new head coach (Trembley is average, not bad but not good). This team is talented enough IMO to be .500. They are not playing that way, not even close.

You gotta wonder if Jonesy's hammy is still bothering him somewhat, as well as the other parts of his body after all the abuse he's taken this season.

With Markakis I think it's just plain motivation. He and Roberts are good friends and Roberts just doesn't perform unless he has something to play for IMO.

We are seeing that now from Nick IMO.

Absolute poppycock.

How many times are you going to trot out this asinine point of view despite mountains of evidence to the contrary?

Questioning BRob's and Nick's desire should get you lambasted.

We are seeing that now from Nick IMO. I think Roberts has rubbed off on him a bit.

Uhh, what were the two of them playing for in April?

Uhh, what were the two of them playing for in April?

Another one of Trea's ridiculous theories.

I guess BRob and Nick mailed it in when they came back against Boston TWO days ago. Nick really looked disinterested when he knocked in the go ahead run against Papelbon.

Another one of Trea's ridiculous theories.

I guess BRob and Nick mailed it in when they came back against Boston TWO days ago. Nick really looked disinterested when he knocked in the go ahead run against Papelbon.

Neither sparked the comeback, just participated in it. They suddenly had something to play for. Once the team gets down early, Roberts and Markakis don't seem to be the ones that rally the team back IMO.

Archived