San Diego vs. Houston and the Killer Bees. Not a Repeat from 1998.

BaltimoreTerp

PETA isn't going to like it.

Isn't there something like a 6 billion shortage of bees in the world?

Yeah with these massive colony deaths and stuff you would think they'd be all "precious ambergris" about it

Very gingerly!

Beekeepers do it all the time, but they don't have 20,000 fans waiting on them to get the bees out of the way.

Exactly my point :P

By the way, from the MLB.com story, a statement from Majestic:

Only the queen had her sights set on the inside of jacket of a ballgirl, who wasn't made available to the media by the team after the game. Not that she was at fault or even the manufacturer of the jacket, who filed off a quick statement before the game ended.

"To our knowledge this is the first time that bees have swarmed Majestic on-field MLB apparel," Majestic said in a statement. "We can only guess that the bees are attracted as Major League players to the warmth and comfort of our performance fabrics.

"However, players and fans should rest assured that our product testing has shown no risk from swarming bees. We regret the inconvenience and Majestic will be providing the affected ballgirl a replacement jacket shortly."

I think the bolded part completely made my year! :2yay-thumb:

Exactly my point :P

By the way, from the MLB.com story, a statement from Majestic:

I think the bolded part completely made my year! :2yay-thumb:

They should put this on the tag under the washing and ironing instructions.

I read in one story that the LF was allergic to bees. He remained remarkably calm if that's the case. I tend to laugh at people who freak out because a little bee comes near them on a picnic and start hyperventilating and rushing to their car, but I'd have been sprinting off the field if I were allergic.

Archived