MacPhail's worst move for the Orioles

paulcoates

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Worst move is not doing enough to close the gap between Boston, NY and us.

Do you actually believe he hasn't closed the talent gap between us and Boston/NY? It hasn't translated into wins yet, but the talent is there and it will eventually lead to wins.

Worst move is not doing enough to close the gap between Boston, NY and us.

No disrespect, but he has taken us a hell of a lot further than the previous clowns. His speed does leave something to be desired, but I have yet to see him get burned (of course my knowledge of the Os internal workings is zip).

Do you actually believe he hasn't closed the talent gap between us and Boston/NY? It hasn't translated into wins yet, but the talent is there and it will eventually lead to wins.

No I don't.... what have we done to off set Tex, Burnett, and Sabathia?

I don't think Burnett is that great and I think Sabathia is going to have health issues sooner than later. I think I may be alone in all of that, but I think by not signing Burnett and Sabathia AM did a great job. I wouldn't want anything to do with them.

Trading for Jones, Sherrill, Tillman, Scott, Albers... drafting Wieters, Matusz, Arrieta... extending Markakis. Also doing all this at a significantly less price than $423 million. Outside of this you're right... we have done nothing.:rolleyes:

This team's timeline is on a different track than the Yankees. I don't think it's fair to compare those signings to what MacPhail has been doing for the past 2 years.

We have no idea what the Yankees will look like in 5 years, but the O's look to be in pretty good shape going forward.

Rome wasn't built in a day... I guess we need to do things to suffice the casual fan to convince everyone that we are doing things to "glose the cap". Things like spending $40+ million on a bullpen... or like spending lots on Cordova, Segui, Gibbons, etc. Oh wait... we've tried that.

How in the world can we get better? By not repeating things in our history that's gotten us in this mess to begin with. You have to be absolutely blind to not see that we have SIGNIFICANTLY closed the gap. And in several different areas, not just in "check the box" indicators from ignorant casual fans who don't know any better anyway.

What is MacPhail's worst move so far in your opinion?

I am a zero-sum cat.

So my response is, oddly enough, nothing.

After years of el Sid, I can't say enough good thing about the direction and future of this club. :clap3:

Archived