July 4th O's vs. Angels

Mike B

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those two are great players, but I can't help but wish they had more fire or sense of urgency more often. I realize they are who they are, but for God's sake, play the game the right away.

I completely agree that that was a display of being way too casual. No excuse for it.

I remember a few weeks ago when we were playing the Braves. Yunel Escobar made a dumb move, and sure enough, he did not come back out on the field with his team. It's rare to see something like that, but I guess Bobby Cox is a pretty "no-nonsense" kind of guy.

Looks like another par for the course game for the O's.

Offense goes up early, Orioles let the opposing team back into the game, but can't execute to score any more runs.

Opposing team takes the lead due to stupid error from some Oriole.

Orioles lose.

Roberts has been slumping. He probably needs the rest.

Why not sit them?

He called Pie out. He needs to light a fire under their butt.

Thats because Pie has no baseball IQ. Its not the first time in history that a ball has fallen in like that. It just so happened that it happened at the worst possible time.

I remember a few weeks ago when we were playing the Braves. Yunel Escobar made a dumb move, and sure enough, he did not come back out on the field with his team. It's rare to see something like that, but I guess Bobby Cox is a pretty "no-nonsense" kind of guy.

That would be how I would manage, in that sense I would be Bobby Cox. It was Markakis ball, so he would sit.

I disagree 100%. Sometimes "talking" doesn't have the same effect.

Exactly how much do you know about it? Have you managed professionals? Are you experienced at getting the best out of people?

Or are you just yearning to see punishment for the sake of punishment?

Archived