July 4th O's vs. Angels

Mike B

No matter what happens it was the right call.

Berken looked awful this game. Behind on everyone. How was he gonna pitch with the bases juice and no outs? They would sit on his fastball and make him throw strikes. He as gonna get destroyed.

Even if Albers lays a foot long dump on the mound it was the right call.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Berken battled without good stuff tonight, but I'm not very optimistic about him being a successful SP. His stuff is mediocre, flat fastball, although the velocity is good, sub par offspeed pitches. I'm just not very impressed. I'm sure someone will bring up the "dominant" 8K performance, but he also gave up 4 runs in that game, if memory serves.

I don't know how they can have two guys like Tillman and Arrieta pitching lights out down here and they keep running Berken out there every 5th day. It just doesn't make any sense at this point.

I don't know how they can have two guys like Tillman and Arrieta pitching lights out down here and they keep running Berken out there every 5th day. It just doesn't make any sense at this point.

Well we have to at least see what he can do in the majors. If he might be AAAA or bullpen material. It makes good sense to find out.

I think he might be more suited for the pen.

Well, I guess it was inevitable that the Angels' bats would come to life sooner or later. The Oriole offense now has to (re) start stringing some hits together.

Well, even some of our outs last inning were hit better than the Angels' hits.

Berken's not been the only guy living on the edge...

Archived