How long can YOU put up with losing.

NewMarketSean

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, honestly I don't care any more. I love baseball , i love Baltimore, I love the Orioles.

My sport plays second-fiddle to Football, My home has one of the highest crime-rates in the country, my team hasn't been significant since I was in middle school.

But you know what - I still love each of them and that will never go away.

(Ahem)

"I pledge to support the Orioles forever regardless". Period.

Now that I've got that out of the way (removing hand from heart), I'll add that from here on I expect AM to do whatever's necessary to win 82 games in 2010 and will be mighty PO'd if he doesn't.

You know, honestly I don't care any more. I love baseball , i love Baltimore, I love the Orioles.

My sport plays second-fiddle to Football, My home has one of the highest crime-rates in the country, my team hasn't been significant since I was in middle school.

But you know what - I still love each of them and that will never go away.

There we go. That's more like it. Being an orioles fan is about much more than winning and losing games.

We all love when the team wins, but most of us didn't fall in love with the Orioles simply because they won all the time. I'm glad they don't win all the time. If you want to pull for a team that wins all the time, there are much better options than the Orioles. And really if you wanted to root for that type of team, I can't imagine you'd be dumb enough to still be posting on an Orioles message board after 10+ years.

I wouldn't trade being able to complain or get excited about the team with my friends and family, or even strangers at the game, for anything, even if the wins, when they come, don't mean much. These losing seasons have given us character. And when one season our team pulls it together and the fan base gets excited, along with the whole city, that will be one glorious season my friends. And what a story it'll be to tell, during that next 10+ years of losing, whenever it may come.

I'd love to elaborate more, but the work day is over.

I am not going anywhere. I just get to much enjoyment watching the O's. Trip to Baltimore every summer, MLB package and the hangout i could not and will not give them up.

Also did I mention 1st place in the hangout fantasy baseball league.

I am not going anywhere. I just get to much enjoyment watching the O's. Trip to Baltimore every summer, MLB package and the hangout i could not and will not give them up.

Also did I mention 1st place in the hangout fantasy baseball league.

The MLB package has done wonders to my blood pressure. I'll be getting it again next year too. :D

Go O's!

sfosfan

I find it hard some times pysching myself up for each season thinking that the season will be different, but I could never find myself rooting for another team. I've been an Orioles fan my entire life and would feel like I am cheating on the city by becoming another team's fan.

It's tough when the team continues to have losing seasons, especially when they play really well in the beginning of the season just to tank it at the end, but I don't think the team is giving up. They are playing hard, winning games that others might not think they can win, and actually making moves in hopes of improving the team. I just wonder how many consecutive losing seasons the team would have if they were playing in an easier division, not a divison that has Boston and the Yankees always doing so well throughout the season.

I can wait until all of our talent comes to the majors, but if we continue to lose like around the years 12/13 then I have know idea what I would do. I am really putting a lot of hope in being succesful sometime in the next decade.

By the way, a little off topic. But it seems this forum in general has been a little down lately. With all of our mistakes it is hard to be positive, but I would say these past two weeks have been the worst personally watching the O's in a while. Maybe I should stop following the O's for a week or two, and just see what happens. This team is just hard to watch right now.

Archived