A year ago, the O's were 43-40 after 83 games

Frobby

Hard to believe, but last year at this time the O's were still over .500. In the last 12 years, the O's have been worse than 36-47 after 83 games only one time, in 1999 (34-49). The team was 36-47 in 3 other seasons (2000, 2004, 2007).

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that is bad. I wonder how the Nationals must feel?

I think other teams look at us on the schedule and are happy to see us come to town. At home it's a little different, but the Orioles on the road? The cure for all that ails you.

Unfortunately, I think it's only going to get worse in the immediate future.

I'd like to see this team show some backbone in August/September. It would be nice if they could put together a .500 or better record in those two months just to show some resiliency.

Your contribution to the discussion is almost as great as Flanagan and Duquette's contributions to the O's progress. Neat.

I'll take Weiters and Arrieta... The funny part is I only critize the organization... while defenders of the cause become personal. Go figure.

Facts are facts

What are the facts? You've already been shown time and time again that progress this season isn't necessarily about W's and L's, but rather the long-term growth and development of the organization.

You obviously feel differently and nothing will change your mind, so I don't understand why you continue to make these snarky comments in threads.

For the moment, I have to agree with bigbird. I expected to see progress in the W/L record this year. So far, we definitely are not seeing it.

Perhaps you could expect a better W/L record in the second half, but did you truly believe that this team would have a good first half record knowing we started the season with a rotation of Guthrie, Uehara, Simon, Eaton, Hendrickson?

I think if you're truly disappointed about the W's and L's so far this season, then your expectations were a little out of line to begin with. Sure there have been disappointments, but this season shouldn't be measured by our record right this second.

I would agree that it's important to finish strong and show marked improvement, however.

Perhaps you could expect a better W/L record in the second half, but did you truly believe that this team would have a good first half record knowing we started the season with a rotation of Guthrie, Uehara, Simon, Eaton, Hendrickson?

I think if you're truly disappointed about the W's and L's so far this season, then your expectations were a little out of line to begin with. Sure there have been disappointments, but this season shouldn't be measured by our record right this second.

I would agree that it's important to finish strong and show marked improvement, however.

The hitting, baserunning and fielding has not been in line with my expectations. I'm not saying we'd have a winning record if those things were at the level I expected, but we'd have a significantly better record than we do now, despite the lousy pitching.

Archived