Nights like these get me by...

Hank Scorpio

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may have to listen to / Gameday the Tides game tonight... even here in Tennessee, a time zone closer to Orioles game, it's starting too late for me on a worknight.

Gameday is showing the Tides and Arrieta facing Jeffrey Marquez. If his stats are accurate (1-6, 9.09 ERA) it could be T-ball time for the Tides tonight. :eektf:

I may have to listen to / Gameday the Tides game tonight... even here in Tennessee, a time zone closer to Orioles game, it's starting too late for me on a worknight.

Gameday is showing the Tides and Arrieta facing Jeffrey Marquez. If his stats are accurate (1-6, 9.09 ERA) it could be T-ball time for the Tides tonight. :eektf:

And I wasn't kidding about T-ball time for the Tides off of Marquez. 1st inning: 4 runs, 4 hits. Highlights: Tides load the bases off singles by Gathright & Christian, and Fiorentino walking to load 'em up. Aubrey sac flied in the first run, Brandon Snyder had a nice 2 RBI single, and before the close of the inning, Justin Turner doubled him home.

Looks like a long night ahead for the Charlotte fans at the ballpark. :rofl:

Jolbert Cabrera just hit a 3 run HR in the second. He's starting to show a little power. 7 - 0 Tides.

Arrieta 3 up - 3 downed the Knights in the first with 8 pitches and a K. He's doing more sitting than pitching tonight.

Matusz just gave up a hit that was described on radio as "a perfectly placed one between the 3rd baseman and the SS". He then got the next hitter to ground into a double play and got the 3rd out on a K.

Matusz allowed a hit to lead off the top of the fourth. The ball sneaked past a diving Mike Costanzo and off the glove of Cesar Izturis, who went deep into the hole to make a play. Despite a few grumbles around the park, the play was correctly ruled a hit.

By the way, 45 pitches, 38 strikes through four.

Archived