Nights like these get me by...

Hank Scorpio

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By the way, does anyone know why the Norfolk box scores always report the number of pitches thrown, but the other affiliates' don't?

I know that in Norfolk they actually have someone designated to keep the pitch count while updating the Milb.com Gameday application. Here in Bowie, a couple of us in the press box keep an "unofficial" tally. It's definitely a legitimate question and something I'd like to see implemented throughout the Eastern League.

Why keep Matusz in AA for another start?

I mean seriously, there is no reason for it unless you are just waiting for Tillman and/or Arrieta to be brought up.

The Eastern League all star break is in a week, and he's pitching in the Futures Game, right? That seems like a logical time to move him up. Frankly it is almost irrelevant whether and when he moves to Norfolk, if the O's have decided he's not coming to Baltimore this year. What did Bergesen make, 2-3 starts in Norfolk this year before his call-up? That's all Matusz will get next year.

I have to say, as high as my expectations were for the Big 3 going into this season, they are meeting and even exceeding them so far. Throw in the unexpected excellence of Bergesen and it's pretty inspiring.

Absolutely. If all of these fellows meet their expectations in full we are going to have an unbelievable rotation and staff... and soon. :clap3:

Matusz is absurd. I really wish his last name rhymed with "enthuse" because I could concoct all sorts of clever thread titles.

I think there is a very good chance he'd be the best pitcher in Baltimore's rotation if we brought him up right now. He has been flat out ridiculous for the last 2 months.

He's got a LITTLE more work to do before he's ready for big league hitters I think, not much mind you, just to keep working on the stuff he's doing now. Check out the prospect tracker piece I wrote on him earlier to see what I mean.

Archived