Buster's 25 man AL All-star game roster

Balmer Bomber

Buster came up with rosters and lineups for both leagues depending on if the opposing team is starting a lefty or a righty, and the manager managed the game as if it was a game 7 and not an exhibition where you try to get everyone an AB or an IP. He also made the rosters without having to follow the "each team is represented" rule. He picked the lineups as "if the goal were only to win the game, (he) would load up on guys with acute splits -- players who were the best against either left-handed hitters or right-handed pitchers and hitters."

vs. RPH

Ichiro RF

Mauer C

Longoria 3B

Morneau 1B

Lind LF

Zobrist 2B

Jones CF

Barlett SS

Bench: Branyan, Jeter, Youkilis, Kinsler, Juan Rivera, Inge, Posada, Napoli, Crawford

Staff: Grienke, Halladay, Felix Hernandez, Verlander, Nathan, Aardsma, Choate, Mijares

vs LHP

Jeter SS

Kinsler 2B

Youkilis 1B

Juan Rivera LF

Napoli C

Inge 3B

Jones CF

Ichiro RF

Bench: Mauer, Morneau, Longoria, Branyan, Posada, Crawford, Zobrist, Bartlett, Lind

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4310476&name=olney_buster&addata=2009_insdr_mod_mlb_xxx_xxx

I know there are many ESPN haters on here, but I read Buster's blog everyday and I think he normally has interesting takes on stuff.

Buster came up with rosters and lineups for both leagues depending on if the opposing team is starting a lefty or a righty, and the manager managed the game as if it was a game 7 and not an exhibition where you try to get everyone an AB or an IP. He also made the rosters without having to follow the "each team is represented" rule. He picked the lineups as "if the goal were only to win the game, (he) would load up on guys with acute splits -- players who were the best against either left-handed hitters or right-handed pitchers and hitters."

vs. RPH

Ichiro RF

Mauer C

Longoria 3B

Morneau 1B

Lind LF

Zobrist 2B

Jones CF

Barlett SS

Bench: Branyan, Jeter, Youkilis, Kinsler, Juan Rivera, Inge, Posada, Napoli, Crawford

Staff: Grienke, Halladay, Felix Hernandez, Verlander, Nathan, Aardsma, Choate, Mijares

vs LHP

Jeter SS

Kinsler 2B

Youkilis 1B

Juan Rivera LF

Napoli C

Inge 3B

Jones CF

Ichiro RF

Bench: Mauer, Morneau, Longoria, Branyan, Posada, Crawford, Zobrist, Bartlett, Lind

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4310476&name=olney_buster&addata=2009_insdr_mod_mlb_xxx_xxx

I know there are many ESPN haters on here, but I read Buster's blog everyday and I think he normally has interesting takes on stuff.

Hard to argue with any of that. Buster's terrific, anyone who says otherwise is, well....

Once we start winning in 2010, all of that anti ESPN nonsense will disappear. The O's were on the front page of ESPN.com yesterday for much of the evening. You'll see, all of the ridiculous "ESPN hates us" crap will be long gone.

Archived