Trembley Suspended

Sanfran327

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Henry Fonda reached a similar low point in 12 Angry Men. He rallied, though.
I'm not angry I'm just confused. Everbody is certain they understand the rule but no one agrees a sto what it is. It is ambiguous at best. Ultimately the rule is what MLB rules people say it is even if they don't interpret it correctly.:rofl:

Okay. But we're talking about an outfielder throwing the ball. And it says in that case, it depends on where the runners are located when the ball was thrown. Which is further clarified by this:

The position of the batter-runner at the time the wild throw left the thrower’s hand is the key in deciding the award of bases. If the batter-runner has not reached first base, the award is two bases at the time the pitch was made for all runners. The decision as to whether the batter-runner has reached first base before the throw is a judgment call.

I don't see how this is contradicted anywhere.

So the rule should read: When such wild throw is the first play by an infielder, the umpire, in awarding such bases, shall be governed by the position of the runners at the time the ball was pitched; in all other cases the umpire shall be governed by the position of the runners at the time the wild throw was made; the position of the batter-runner at the time the wild throw left the thrower’s hand being the key in deciding the award of bases. If the batter-runner has not reached first base, the award is two bases at the time the pitch was made for all runners. The decision as to whether the batter-runner has reached first base before the throw is a judgment call.?

Archived