Sun: A big relief for Salazar

Morgan423

No Lois Lane..it means I accidentally forgot Scott when I made that post.

Please. Luke Scott, and only Luke Scott, changed the equation for you from an everyday player (i.e. 6-7 games a week) to a 2-3 game player.

When the other person has to resort to name calling, well, that says a lot about their argument.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please. Luke Scott, and only Luke Scott, changed the equation for you from an everyday player (i.e. 6-7 games a week) to a 2-3 game player.

When the other person has to resort to name calling, well, that says a lot about their argument.

Yes, that's exactly right...I have been saying the same thing about Pie for weeks...2-3 starts a week.

Yes, that's exactly right...I have been saying the same thing about Pie for weeks...2-3 starts a week.
I am all for getting Pie more playing time and I don't have a problem giving him 2 starts a week in LF against RHP's But unless you sit AJ once a week I don't see where you get the third game. You don't want to sit Huff against RHP's and while he is hot you don't want to sit Scott at all.

I am all for getting Pie more playing time and I don't have a problem giving him 2 starts a week in LF against RHP's But unless you sit AJ once a week I don't see where you get the third game. You don't want to sit Huff against RHP's and while he is hot you don't want to sit Scott at all.

Nick and Adam should each get one day off a month in the field and one day they should DH...Pie replaces Adam in CF for those 2 games...Reimold plays for Nick in RF, while Pie goes to LF.

That's how you would get the third game.

Nick and Adam should each get one day off a month in the field and one day they should DH...Pie replaces Adam in CF for those 2 games...Reimold plays for Nick in RF, while Pie goes to LF.

That's how you would get the third game.

That still compels you to sit Scott, your best hitter or sit Reimold more than twice a week.

That still compels you to sit Scott, your best hitter or sit Reimold more than twice a week.

Scott is sitting around once a week anyway....and he could go to first.

And that doesn;t have to happen every week...Just saying, that is how you get the third start in there for Pie.

Scott is sitting around once a week anyway....and he could go to first.

And that doesn;t have to happen every week...Just saying, that is how you get the third start in there for Pie.

Well he shouldn't be, he hits LHP beter than most of our RH batters. He can play 1B and you can sit Huff and DH Reimold. But unless you want to play Pie against LHP's you are going to have a hard time finding that third start per week without taking it away from Reimold.

A couple things.

1) Thanks to Soprano for pointing out that I was indeed NOT "making stuff up."

2) I won't add any more opinion to this discussion, because I don't want to again get accused of "making stuff up" even though the arguments have indeed been made.

3) The final thing I have to say is this. SG and others can bash me all they want, and they can find countless ways to get Pie playing time, but the fact that Trembley and the Orioles have made no attempt to get him playing time tells me all that I need to know about his future with this ballclub. They think of him as a 4th outfielder on THIS team. Right or wrong, small sample size or not, Pie has not earned playing time in Chicago nor here in Baltimore.

I just wonder if there is enough wall space in SG's bedroom for all the pictures of Pie AND Kotchman????

Okay..no sense arguing this. Especially with SG, who doesn't even read what I have to say. The fact is that even back before Reimold came up, people were saying we should trade Scott because he wasn't needed with Pie in left and Huff on the team. You can say I am making it up, whatever, I don't have the time nor desire to go back to April and find these threads. In Drungo's post, however, he DOES say that Huff and Scott should be benched from time to time to give Pie at bats. But I guess I am making it up! :rolleyes:

Benched from time to time my friend. Once in a while. It would not hurt DT to start Pie two or three times in a week. IMO

A couple things.

1) Thanks to Soprano for pointing out that I was indeed NOT "making stuff up."

2) I won't add any more opinion to this discussion, because I don't want to again get accused of "making stuff up" even though the arguments have indeed been made.

3) The final thing I have to say is this. SG and others can bash me all they want, and they can find countless ways to get Pie playing time, but the fact that Trembley and the Orioles have made no attempt to get him playing time tells me all that I need to know about his future with this ballclub. They think of him as a 4th outfielder on THIS team. Right or wrong, small sample size or not, Pie has not earned playing time in Chicago nor here in Baltimore.

I just wonder if there is enough wall space in SG's bedroom for all the pictures of Pie AND Kotchman????

Most 4th OF play more tha Pie does.

Archived