Nats haven't talked to Strassburg yet? Odd or not?

zff4

Strasburg isn't going to sign unless he gets stupid money. I hope the Nats don't give him stupid money.

Boras better hope that kid doesn't blow out his arm in Japan or somewhere else before he signs a MLB contract.

I'm sure occasionally I come off as a jerk about some ballplayers/agents, but I hope the Nats don't sign him because he wants too much money and he goes to pitch elsewhere for the year and blows his arm out.

I have nothing against the Strasburg, but anything that can make Boras look bad is a positive for baseball. I think his presence alone hurts the game, and if it takes a player or two getting hosed (yes, their careers...I know, I'm a jerk) to drive people away from Boras and lessen his ability to hurt the game, I'm all for it.

Plus, the Nats would look absolutely horrible after not signing their first draft pick last year. They really have to sign Strasburg.

If they don't sign Strasburg then Bud Selig should order the team sold or contract it. not signing Strasburg would doom that team for years because they have nothing. NO-THING.

Did it ever get this bad in Baltimore? I mean Angelos and Thrift and all were bad, but was it ever THIS bad?

If they don't sign Strasburg then Bud Selig should order the team sold or contract it. not signing Strasburg would doom that team for years because they have nothing. NO-THING.

Did it ever get this bad in Baltimore? I mean Angelos and Thrift and all were bad, but was it ever THIS bad?

Yes, it was as bad, especially from 2000-2006. We may have never had the horrid record the Nats do now, and the fans were still loyal after 1997, but as far as direction of an organization goes, I do think the O's were once on the same level as the Nats are now. And when you factor in the O's ability to spend, it might be worse than the Nats because we had the ability to do pretty much whatever we wanted and Angelos either spent it horribly or refused to spend in order to keep the Expos out of DC.

Failing to sign Wieters would have been a disaster of epic proportions but I dont think it would have been as bad as the Nats failing to sign Strasberg.

Archived